FSX / Keyboard only / NO Nosewheel Steering possible + click spott Tiller (what for?) + Thrust +/- by numpad

Good morning,

I read vol 1 page 20, i skimmed through the posts in this forum - however to no avail i found a

solid answer / solution to my only problem with this new plane:

I use FSX and use only my keyboard to fly.

Normally (with any other plane) NumPad "0" + "Enter" will deflect the rudder and / or the nose wheel

in order to make the nose point the direction where i want to head to.

With the crj this is not working.

How do I enable the nose wheel steering with my keyboard?
(I checked the assignments in fsx, however could find the proper one)

I see that there is a click spot on the tiller if mouse over. What is the use of it? I tried to "grab"

the tiller and move it with the mouse - not working unfortunately.

Thrust Lever +/- by numpad assigment possible? Right now onyl F1 F2 F3 F4 do the Job.

I really appreciate any feedback. Have a good day everyone!

First, did you arm the nose wheel steering system? (left of the captain's main displays, there's a separate switch above the side panel).

To be honest, I never tried to control the aircraft by keys only. The last time I tried that was then I wanted to fly on my notebook without a joystick. But even then, I mostly used the mouse yoke.

I'll see what I can do.

Hans

NSW Steering armed -  and x checked

Upon pressing NumPad "0" + "Enter" (deflection of rudder expected (YD off)) the pedals "flicker" - appear somehow "locked".

Regarding your rmk concerning keyboard flying: I rarely ever "manually" fly as I focus on ifr procedures and fmc.

I can`t quite believe why the "standard" keyboard cmds won`t work with CRJ as they do with any other 3rd party plane.

Nobody else here flying "keyboard" only and having issues?

Hi. I also got the same problem. But I actually use a Joystick to fly in the air. But on the Ground I would like to use the keybord for controlling the tiller, because on the Joystick I dont have a axis key.

With the Aerosoft Airbus A318/319/320/321 it works fine. I can use the NumPad key for the tiller. But not for the CRJ 700/900 X. Could you fix that Problem for the next update? Cant be alot of a problem to programm this. Thanks alot.

Greets Patrick

This was mentioned earlier though. 

and to quote from there: "We have only tried this with an axis so it could very well be that the code expects a continuous signal."

The mouse yoke + keyboard and tiller keyboard controlling group are clearly a minority, but perhaps it is an easy fix.

Archived