Solution to ObjectFlow2 offered

jjaycee

Rather than dismiss the current incompatibility experience, I offer a temporary solution, which may also help in a remedy down the line.

Run your chosen profile with SimStarter, which will adjust your scenery cfg according to your specific scenery selections. Allow SimStarter to open up V4 to the Welcome Splash screen.

Exit v4. Run v4 from the desktop P3D icon. Everything works fine.

The problem occurs in SimStarter/P3d/objectflow2 at the point where you choose your flight options and click to load up the flight.

Maybe there is a clue in there somewhere.

I fully understand that the objecttflow2 is a beta test and we have to wait for the final official release before we will know for sure if there is a compatibility issue with SimStarter, but offer the interim solution so that us SimStarter users can still enjoy the great product that it is, while also enjoying the benefits of objectflow2 (Beta)

• Developer

Thank you.

Another workaround would be

- start SIMstarter

- open RunConfigSet

- uncheck item with prepar3d.exe and save

- run your profile like usual. Everything should work accept starting the sun

- close SIMstarter and run prepar3d with the desktop icon

This was happening to me too but try this temporary work around:

Create a shortcut to P3D.

In the Simstarter NG run manager turn off the link to Prepar3d and create a new one to the shortcut.

Worked for me.

4 hours ago, Blackrat said:

This was happening to me too but try this temporary work around:

Create a shortcut to P3D.

In the Simstarter NG run manager turn off the link to Prepar3d and create a new one to the shortcut.

Worked for me.

Can you explain how to do the last step?

Add program then navigate to shortcut. .lnk says the path does not exist. 

8 hours ago, Dean33 said:

Can you explain how to do the last step?

Add program then navigate to shortcut. .lnk says the path does not exist. 

Me too, in run manager says path to P3d does not exist when I point it to the shortcut

• Developer

Another work arround:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/139541-simstarter-ng/?do=findComment&comment=1235850

Please monitor this forum as well:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/236-objectflow-2-open-beta/

There are "some issues" that Frederico is investigating. Since this week he has its own version of SIMstarter NG for debugging. I did several tests with my beta team but at the moment we have no idea how SIMstarter NG can cause this CTD with ObjectFlow 2.

Archived