Napoli and Autogen

harlank

Hi All

For the most part the Napoli X is beautiful,  but in some places there is a lot of autogen, but in some areas(near downtown and the port area) there are large areas of photoscenery with no autogen,  Pictures attached.  Is this how it should look or maybe something is interfering?

I use Orbx Europe Land class but it is far below the Napoli installation, as is Orbx global vortex.(which installer asked about and was informed yes).  I have attached photos and thanks for all your great sceneries,

Harlan

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 8 Stunden , harlank sagte:

Hi All

For the most part the Napoli X is beautiful,  but in some places there is a lot of autogen, but in some areas(near downtown and the port area) there are large areas of photoscenery with no autogen,  Pictures attached.  Is this how it should look or maybe something is interfering?

I use Orbx Europe Land class but it is far below the Napoli installation, as is Orbx global vortex.(which installer asked about and was informed yes).  I have attached photos and thanks for all your great sceneries,

Harlan

It should not look like this. You are missing the Autogen. Have you tried to reinstal Napoli?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ok, I did some testing. One reason for loss of the autogen is as always ORBX.

If a developer, like MK-Studios for example, edit the default.xml autogen file, to include their entrys all is fine. If you run now ORBX, they replace the default.xml with their version. Result: loss of autogen. Then you need to reinstall your scenery.

I already contacted @MK-Studios, regarding this issue. I think there will be an easy solution.

I did reinstall Naples, but the results were the same.  A fix would be greatly appreciated-Naples is a beautiful scenery

thank you

Harlan

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 7 Stunden , harlank sagte:

I did reinstall Naples, but the results were the same.  A fix would be greatly appreciated-Naples is a beautiful scenery

thank you

Harlan

When you reinstalled the scenery and still have the issues, there is something other wrong. Are your settings according to the manual?

Settings are according to manual.  Obviously than something else is interfering, which I will attempt to find.  Thank you for your help

Harlan

• Developer

This looks exactly as a problem with default.xml not being modified by installer (that happened a few times). This might be UAC or something else. 

The installer need to look for the file default.XML located in Prepar3D or FSX\Autogen folder.
Then in the file check for code "    <CODE>N</CODE>   "
and just UNDER it there should be this code:

<CLASS>
      <NAME>MKSTREET_LIGHTS</NAME>
      <GUID>1fcb6ae7493f1ce73b85b784efad33e4</GUID>
      <WIDTH>5</WIDTH>
      <DEPTH>5</DEPTH>
      <LIBRARYOBJECT>
        <NAME>MKSTREET_LIGHT</NAME>
        <GUID>3dbc6d534bc56125c22ae0a08633a3b5</GUID>
      </LIBRARYOBJECT>
    </CLASS>

You may use notepad to check it, or freeware XML Copy Editor http://xml-copy-editor.sourceforge.net/ or just upload the file here and let me take a look on it.

Mateusz

i Looked at the default.XML in my P3D V4 autogen folder.  As far as I can see there is no <CODE>N</CODE> only <CODE>K</CODE>.  I am not sure where to insert the info into the default,XML so if you could look at my file I would really appreciate it.

I will attach it to this.  Thank you so much

harlank

default.xml

HI

after I wrote my last post I saw your post about the configuration merger tool and Napoli and Madeira.  I downloaded and installed as you directed and the Autogen is back, and Napoli is working fine.  Thank you!!!!! 

I had this Napoli issue, too. This is certainly a good solution, I have been using the Autogen Merger before for other sceneries, it's a real gift.

Thank you, Bob.

Kind regards, Michael

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived