Stall/Low speed after takeoff

Hello,

I've tried to find the solution to this without success, that includes reading posts both here and on Facebook. No one seem to have a solution for this..

After takeoff i've been trying to climb both with VS and Speed but somehow the plane slows down and nose is headed up, sometimes around 12.0 according to my stab trim. I only get 94% power out of the engines as well. Any suggestions from anyone here? :D Might be me doing wrong, probably....

Just now, Mathijs Kok said:

Almost certainly you are too heavy or not balanced.

Seems like that. Did a flight with 0 pax and 0 kgs of cargo, minimal with fuel and i didn't experience these problems. If i load fuel and payload with Dave, will it get balanced automatically? 

I have a problem similar to this but it seems to be intermittent during climb and cruise phases of flight.

On my second flight I was in cruise and the aircraft began to lose speed.  Clear air, no ice.  It was as if the aircraft was struggling to maintain the altitude it was at.  I disengaged the autopilot, added power and corrected the problem manually.  I re-engaged the autopilot and the aircraft was fine again for a while before it happened again.  This time I did not intervene and the aircraft kept pitching up as speed bled off until the stick shaker sounded.  Once again I recovered manually and it did not happen again after that.

On my most recent flight the aircraft had issues climbing above FL100. Climb rates would consistently drop down below 1000fpm while in SPD mode below FL180.  It absolutely refused to climb beyond FL240 with the throttles in the CLB detente so I engaged TOGA to reach my cruise altitude of FL330.  Again, no ice detected though I switched A/ICE on to be sure but it had no effect.

I have not experienced this after take off as the original poster mentioned.  It seems like there is either a massive amount of drag being added randomly or the aircraft is suddenly over loaded.  I've done only short trips thus far with 58 or less pax and the wing tanks aren't even topped off.

I checked the manual to see if I was doing something wrong but I can't find anything.  Also, should I make this its own thread?  I've been waiting to see if anyone else reported this and/or to make sure it wasn't something I was doing wrong.

That really sounds like a center of gravity issue. When it happens to you next time, can you save the flight and upload the .fxml, .wx and .crj files? You can find them in <Documents>\Prepar3D v4 Files (or similar if you use another simulator).

I can certainly do that, Hans.  I'll try a flight this evening and see what happens.

Edit: some details I left out earlier- it's been the -700 each time and I am using P3Dv4 and loading the aircraft with DAVE. I've not been verifying the payload but I have verified the fuel loading is correct.

13 hours ago, Michel Montreuil said:

Sounds like someone forgot to set their trims and Weight & Balance, use the actual software, it shows all your numbers there you can't go wrong.

The weird thing is that it was something that onset later in the flight.  It was cruising fine and then began to lose speed and pitch up.  Every flight I've done with the CRJ I've set the fuel and payload via DAVE and I always click at least twice because there's no confirmation other than the aircraft usually moves as it's sitting lighter on it's wheels and I verify the fuel load on the EICAS.

Re: Hans and replicating the problem-

I did do a test flight last night with the 900 and it worked a charm- not a single issue with any phase of the flight and it was really enjoyable.  I'll try with the 700 next chance I get but I might be busy for a few days.

So this hasn't happened since I reported it.  Two things have changed- I've been confirming the aircraft is loaded correctly after using Dave by checking the P3D loading option. I also installed the hotfix after the last time it happened. I've flown both the 700 and 900 successfully with now ill performance effects so maybe this is resolved.  I suspect the new gauge file fixed it...?

2 hours ago, IGrant said:

So this hasn't happened since I reported it.  Two things have changed- I've been confirming the aircraft is loaded correctly after using Dave by checking the P3D loading option. I also installed the hotfix after the last time it happened. I've flown both the 700 and 900 successfully with now ill performance effects so maybe this is resolved.  I suspect the new gauge file fixed it...?

Honestly, you should still use the Payload Manager Software, Dave is great but it never gives out all the numbers I need for my purposes, everyone has their own ways though. Glad it works good!

I have just experienced this phenomenon too.  This is after flying the 700 since day one without any serious problems until today. Trim goes all the way up to its stops. On the first occasion I recovered manually, but on the second occasion, the A/P would not disengage. 

You do know you have to manually adjust thrust, right? There is no autothrottle so if you have an increasing tailwind/decreasing headwind or increase in OAT, your IAS will drop forcing the A/P to trim the aircraft to maintain altitude. Eventually AOA becomes critical and BAM, stick shaker.

Archived