JFK holding fuel

Hi all,

Not strictly a PFPX thing - but wondering if anyone has a rough idea of a sensible amount of holding/reserve fuel to bring for a flight to JFK on a CAVOK/nice winds day.  I know it can get quite busy there.

Any advice appreciated!

Cheers,

Rudy

It really depends on what aircraft you're flying.

in PFPX in Fuel planning is the option to set the ICAO Fuel policy setting this will give you the "legal" amount of extra fuel required.

Hi Brian, thanks :) I get the legal amounts, just wondering if someone around has some idea of a sensible time/amount of extra fuel.  I probably would never plan in there with just legal reserves.

Cheers,

Rudy 

Rudy,

here are some numbers ...taken from the old time ...

keep in mind that there is the mini reserve will ICOA, FAA or other regulation authorities ...

hold is always 30 min for CLX, DLH, BAW, AFR, VIR the hold is called also final reserve and needed to be onboard even at the alternate ...

the alternate is where some are cutting ... AFR will have EWR with 14min 772, BAW 25min,744, VIR 28min 343,  DLH 742 and 742f 15min, DLH 744 14min  CLX altn different kswf 744f 19min.

the enroute reserve is the not you do not need but you wish to have just at an extra cushion ... ICAO stated 5% unless you have an enroute altn then it will 3%. do not know for FAA or what are the actual rules but you will seem some interesting things were done ...

AFR 22min 772, CLX 744f 28min, baw 744 15min,  DLH 742 min 13min cont90 28min  cont99 38min, 742f min 13min cont90 16min cont99 24min, dlh 744 20min , VIR 343 15min.

in the case of DLH they had 3 options ... min for minimun less than the 15 min so certainly German or European exceptions... cont90 is in 90% of the flights had met that in past.

hope that is helping.

Phil

Archived