Steering wheel assignment question (FSX)

Hi guys.

Is it possible and how, to set steering wheel independently from rudder?

I tried to assign Steering axis via FSUIPC but then when using that axis rudder pedals also moves.

What to choose in CRJ Manager under OPTIONS?

If possible I prefer FSUIPC for setting up.

At the moment I set Throttles via FSUIPC and it works OK. Same story for ailerons and elevator.

I have Saitek X45 and Saitek Cessna Proflight. I would like to use one axis from X45 for steering. 

Thanks in advance

BRGDS

Edvardo

Hi Mathijs.

Didn't have a time to check, just looked and it was not so clear what I should set under that option. As I remember I have MIXTURE AXIS, but If I choose that for example, what I should do the next.

I'm not using assignments in FSX. Everything is set up through FSUIPC.

Should I choose in FSUIPC MIXTURE AXIS and assign to my X45 or? 

Anyway I will try tonight after work.

BRGDS

Edvardo

• Aerosoft

I do not have the CRJ installed for FSX so I can''t show the manager settings right now. But what you basically do is assign one of you axis controls (most control hardware has some that are not used in FS) to an axis control in the sim. I believe we use Throttle 3 in default. Then you set throttle 3 in the manager to control the nose wheel.

In P3d V4 it looks like this

Please login to display this image.

As P3d V4 has a special nosewheel steering, you can just leave this as it is and assign an axis to that channel in the sim.

Please login to display this image.

Hi Mathijs.

I perform on this way:

Choose Throttle 3 under CRJ Manager. Then in FSUIPC I assigned throttle3 to X45 steering axis and it worked.

Thanks for great support

Brgds

Edvardo

Archived