What can I use for AI in P3D V4?

davidzehkop

I got P3D v4, but i quickly realized that it lacked AI. So, I moved my WOAI files from my old FSX : SE folder and moved into my new, P3D v4 folder. However, while it may have added ai, I now know that WOAI is not compatible with p3d, and some planes are invisable, black, and most dont even have landing gear while on the ground. I go through the internet in hopes of finding some good AI, but i do not like the way MT6 ai looks, and UT2 seems only compatible with FSX, as i tried downloading the demo but couldnt get it to work with p3d. I tried changing the install destination to my p3d folder, but that doesn't work. im running out of ideas and i just want to fly with same damn AI!!

A lot of people use UTLive, the successor of famous UT2. It's some kind of Early Access and still has some flaws (depending on what you expect.) It's only available from the Flight1 forum, at present:

http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=14653&FID=13&PR=3&title=ultimate-traffic-live-soft-release-available.

(And, no, it's NOT "Live".) I often use this under Prepar3d4.

Another good choice is PSXSeecontraffic

http://www.lekseecon.nl/PSXseeconTraffic.html

This one is actually "Live" (with all pros and cons you can learn from the forum) and works for Prepar3d4 as well. It's free but requires a 10$/yr subscription for the live server access. Installation needs a bit care, just follow the manual to the point. This does not come with AI planes itself, but you can use the ones you have from another program like UTLIve or UT2. I find it real fun to see planes depart and land the way they do in real-time.

MT6 is said to work as well (except the communicator), but I am a bit in doubt on its future. Plus, it likes to eat away even more fps than the other two (depending on settings, of course).

Kind regards, Michael

Yes you do. From their forum (see the link above):

The price of UTLive is the same as UT2 ($44.95). You can download one of the coupons below to receive a discount if you are an existing UT2 customer. This is more than a 33% discount off the full version price.

Kind regards, Michael

I strongly recommend Ultimate Traffic Live as well. 

One note, if you fly on VATSIM then you should install UTL, but then disable it (using Notepad++) in the CFG file as you don't want or need the UTL program loaded/running.  This isn't the same as securing UTL from the addon menu as the program still runs.  The models will still show up if you diable UTL, you just don't have the unneeded processes running in the back ground (which frees up CPU cycles for your flight sim related programs).

Best wishes.

• 3 weeks later...

The AIG forum has a listing of P3Dv4 compatible AI aircraft. They are also actively converting FSX and P3Dv3 AI aircraft.

Another forum is MAIW. There are a number of MAIW military AI aircraft compatible with v4.

JB

For what it's worth, I'm using MyTraffic 6, and it's working flawlessly for me. It also worked flawlessly in v3. Installing it takes a bit of time, and there are some important steps you need to take, but once it's up and running you don't need to touch it again.

• 2 months later...

I use Mytraffic 6a with P3d V4.1 and many other plugins. My only gripe is the install is tricky and some of the AI crashes into you and some terminals have way too many planes and its hard to get a gate to park to . But it is pretty realistic.  It works with Pro ATC X too!

• 1 year later...
On 8/5/2017 at 2:02 AM, DaveCT2003 said:

I strongly recommend Ultimate Traffic Live as well. 

One note, if you fly on VATSIM then you should install UTL, but then disable it (using Notepad++) in the CFG file as you don't want or need the UTL program loaded/running.  This isn't the same as securing UTL from the addon menu as the program still runs.  The models will still show up if you diable UTL, you just don't have the unneeded processes running in the back ground (which frees up CPU cycles for your flight sim related programs).

Best wishes.

@DaveCT2003 What do you mean "disable it in the CFG"?

Max

33 minutes ago, maxro said:

@DaveCT2003 What do you mean "disable it in the CFG"?

Max

Pretty much exactly what I said.  UTL is an addon and it's added to P3D like any other addon is.  Simply find the UTL entry and disable it.  You don't have to remove the entry, just change it from ACTIVE=true to ACTIVE=false and you're done.  The UTL aircraft will still show up when called by VATSIM.

Note however that you're dealing with some VERY OLD information.  I haven't used UTL for a very long time.  Instead, I use FLAI.

Best wishes.

Archived