Tutorial Ident Sounds are Still There After HotFix 1.0.0.4

I uninstalled HotFix 1.0.0.2 this morning and installed the latest HotFix 1.0.0.4 and the ident sounds are still in the tutorial flight.  When I looked at the "Aerosoft CRJ Tutorial.fxml" it still shows this:

<Property Name="ComReceiveBoth" Value="False" />
<Property Name="AudioNav1Listen" Value="True" />
<Property Name="AudioNav2Listen" Value="True" />
<Property Name="AudioMarkerListen" Value="True" />
<Property Name="AudioDmeListen" Value="True" />
<Property Name="AudioTacanDme1Listen" Value="False" />
<Property Name="AudioTacanDme2Listen" Value="False" />
<Property Name="AudioAdfListen" Value="True" />
<Property Name="AudioAdf2Listen" Value="True" />
<Property Name="AudioTacan1Listen" Value="False" />
<Property Name="AudioTacan2Listen" Value="False" />
<Property Name="AvionicsSwitch" Value="False" />

I had modified my .fxml yesterday to change those values to "False" and the tutorial flight was quiet, but today's HotFix 1.0.0.4 overwrote my changed file, and the ident sounds are back.  It doesn't appear that the updated .fxml file made it into the HotFix even though the change notes say otherwise.  Not a biggie since I can change the .fxml again here at my end.  Just wanted you folks to be aware.

Thanks,

Doug

I wouldn't mind it if I could figure out how to silence the beeping!  I've adjusted all the nav dials down and tried clicking them all in or out and nothing I can do seems to quiet the beeping.  is there a way I can tune my radios without having that beeping?  is there something wrong with the audio control panel in p3d v4 version that it doesn't respond.

Thanks,

John

1 hour ago, jer029 said:

I wouldn't mind it if I could figure out how to silence the beeping!  I've adjusted all the nav dials down and tried clicking them all in or out and nothing I can do seems to quiet the beeping.  is there a way I can tune my radios without having that beeping?  is there something wrong with the audio control panel in p3d v4 version that it doesn't respond.

Thanks,

John

John.  This post (Reply #21) tells you how to correct the problem.

Best regards,

Doug

Thanks Doug,

I'm an idiot.  I read that I should load default first,  but never made the connection between that and the sound issue - and somehow I missed that post on a search.

John

8 hours ago, jer029 said:

Thanks Doug,

I'm an idiot.  I read that I should load default first,  but never made the connection between that and the sound issue - and somehow I missed that post on a search.

John

John - Did you get it resolved after editing the Aerosoft CRJ Tutorial.fxml file?

I just loaded a default plane  before flying the CRJ - this stopped the beeping when I tuned a frequency - I didn't go back and try it with the tutorial - but noted those xml file changes - thanks,

John

Archived