How to kill the Nav. ident sound

Guest Jo va Bra

Guest Jo va Bra

Unable to kill the ident sounds. All volume selectors are  in the off or in the "0" position but i keep the ident sound loud and clear

on the speakers.  Ref: Tutorial scenario

If you first load a default aircraft before loading the CRJ  (and you should), make sure that none of its audio panel buttons are selected "on" or it might carry over to the CRJ. In particular, make sure that the "DME" audio button is not in the "on" position. Several default aircraft in FSX and P3D have a DME audio selector, but most add-ons do not.

This may not be the problem in your case, but it has happened to me before.

Jim Barrett

I get this as well in the Tutorial scenario. Not when loading a new flight. No audio panel button does anything in the tutorial. Turning on and off audio channels works when loading a new flight, but no volume adjustment. Tutorial also loads with engines running. Not a big problem with Dave at hand.

I don't have any problems loading a CRJ directly, so not sure what I gain by loading a default aircraft first. If I run in to some other problems that will be the first thing I do.

Guest Jo va Bra

All audio volume knobs do nothing also with the start of a default aircraft even in the cold&dark state. The only thing thats
works is to change the Nav frequencies to a non nav station

• Aerosoft

Again have you tried the advise given?

"If you first load a default aircraft before loading the CRJ  (and you should), make sure that none of its audio panel buttons are selected "on" or it might carry over to the CRJ. In particular, make sure that the "DME" audio button is not in the "on" position. Several default aircraft in FSX and P3D have a DME audio selector, but most add-ons do not."

Guest Jo va Bra

Yes of course i did it. Btw i'm using Prepar3D. If you select a valid Nav station it is normal that you get the ident sound but any action
on volume knobs do nothing. Not softer/louder or off

v4

1 hour ago, Ths said:

.I don't have any problems loading a CRJ directly, so not sure what I gain by loading a default aircraft first. If I run in to some other problems that will be the first thing I do.

It's quite important to fully load a default aircraft first, before loading the CRJ. Loading the CRJ directly may not produce any "obvious" problems in most cases, but it was discovered during testing that not loading a default aircraft first can lead to unpredictable behavior of certain aircraft systems, and can possibly cause CTDs at some point during the flight that would otherwise not occur.

Jim Barrett

I need to jump in here folks.  I don't believe I'm an ignorant fool, but I suppose there is that possibility.  If that is the case, please accept my apologies in advance.

I've been at this for over 3 hours with no joy.  I have first loaded Prepar3Dv4 with a default aircraft fully (have done this with three default aircraft; Mooney Bravo, Mooney Acclaim, and A36 Bonanza), then loaded the Aerosoft CRJ Tutorial flight from within P3Dv4, and the ident tones continue no matter what I do with the CRJ radio on/off or speaker switches.  I'm a bit frustrated since I don't believe this should be so hard.

For Jim Barrett... can you please tell me the exact default aircraft you start with and how that aircraft is configured before you load the Aerosoft tutorial flight?  Since this appears to work well for you, then I assume it should work well for me.  Thanks for the help!

Edit:  I loaded the default King Air and ensured the DME audio switch was off, then loaded the CRJ tutorial, and the ident tones continued.

Guest Jo va Bra

Despit all good advice about default airplane (i did) you keep the ident sound. Also with All AUDIO knobs at zero

Use the default P3D hotkeys for ADF ident and NAV ident to turn them off. That worked for me. 

However it can not be normal that the Audio Panel Switches in the Pedestal of CRJ have absolutely no effect. Regardless of you load a default aircraft before the CRJ or not. This should be fixed.

Same problem here. I started Prepar3D with the Beech King Air 350 and ensured that all audio panel buttons are off. But after loading the tutorial flight, the ident sound immediately comes on.

Prepard3D v3.4.22.19868

Please login to display this image.

9 minutes ago, dmiannay said:

I need to jump in here folks.  I don't believe I'm an ignorant fool, but I suppose there is that possibility.  If that is the case, please accept my apologies in advance.

I've been at this for over 3 hours with no joy.  I have first loaded Prepar3Dv4 with a default aircraft fully (have done this with three default aircraft; Mooney Bravo, Mooney Acclaim, and A36 Bonanza), then loaded the Aerosoft Tutorial Flight from within P3Dv4, and the ident tones continue no matter what I do with the CRJ radio on/off or speaker switches.  I'm a bit frustrated since I don't believe this should be so hard.

For Jim Barrett... can you please tell me the exact default aircraft you start with and how that aircraft is configured before you load the Aerosoft tutorial flight?  Since this appears to work well for you, then I assume it should work well for me.  Also, which default aircraft have a DME audio selector?  Thanks for the help!

I use P3DV4, and always start with the Maule 260, with engine on, parking brake set, and avionics master "on". When I used FSX, my default start aircraft was the Cessna 172.

I'm not at my sim computer, so do not recall if the Maule has a DME audio on/off switch or not, but will check tonight.

I assume those who are hearing the ident morse code in the CRJ, do NOT hear any identifier in the default aircraft that is loaded first? If so, then that is probably not the problem - and something else may be going on unique to the CRJ. I can say that I have never had this particular issue.

Jim Barrett

Just now, JRBarrett said:

I use P3DV4, and always start with the Maule 260, with engine on, parking brake set, and avionics master "on". When I used FSX, my default start aircraft was the Cessna 172.

I'm not at my sim computer, so do not recall if the Maule has a DME audio on/off switch or not, but will check tonight.

I assume those who are hearing the ident morse code in the CRJ, do NOT hear any identifier in the default aircraft that is loaded first? If so, then that is probably not the problem - and something else may be going on unique to the CRJ. I can say that I have never had this particular issue.

Jim Barrett

Thanks for responding, Jim.  You are correct, there are no audible ident morse codes in any of the default aircraft I've started with.  I'm now up to 5 default aircraft, and in all of them the radios are turned off, and if they had a DME switch, it is also turned off.  None of them have helped with the problem.

6 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

All ident sounds are disabled when I load the CRJ.

As you can see in the picture, the status information I get from SimConnect shows them all as false (=off). I also attached the situation file I've been using for this flight.

A36_EDDL.7z

Appreciate you joining in here, Hans.  BTW, the CRJ is a very commendable accomplishment on your behalf!  Kudos!  It stinks you have to wade through all these post-release issues, but I suppose it comes with the territory.

It's clear from your image you are starting the CRJ with all ident sounds off.  What aspect of loading a default P3Dv4 aircraft first can change your default load scenario to re-enable the ident sounds?

Haven't tried EDDL but the KLAX tutorial ....the ident sounds were on for me yesterday and adjusting the Audio Panel switches did nothing at all. However using CTRL + 1,2,3,5 and so on did actually turn the ident sounds off.

I really don't know. When I got P3D v4, I loaded the F-22 once, switched to the A36, set the airport to Düsseldorf and saved it as new default situation. I definitely didn't fiddle with the audio control panels. I attached the situation files to my previous post. The .fxml is a text file in XML format. You could manually edit your scenario file to disable the ident sounds.

These are the lines you need to check/edit (around line 680 in my file):

<Property Name="AudioNav1Listen" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="AudioNav2Listen" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="AudioMarkerListen" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="AudioDmeListen" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="AudioTacanDme1Listen" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="AudioTacanDme2Listen" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="AudioAdfListen" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="AudioAdf2Listen" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="AudioTacan1Listen" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="AudioTacan2Listen" Value="False" />

Make sure to only change the Value field between "True" and "False". XML is case-sensitive, so "true" won't work.

Those having the problem - can you tell which navaid is generating the code you are hearing? NAV 1, NAV 2, ADF 1, ADF 2? Might help to pinpoint at least which side (L or R) the identifier is coming from.

Perhaps some other add-on is interfering which also has the ability to manipulate SimConnect variables relating to radios? Something like VPilot or other external ATC programs comes to mind.

Just a shot on the dark....

Jim Barrett

Ah i only experienced that in the Tutorial flight. During other flights they were indeed off. I think it's just the tutorial flight. But obviously it's annoying if you don't know how to turn them off without the switches in the cockpit and have to listen to the sounds during the tutorial. Wasn't such a big deal for me since I knew the hotkeys to switch them off.

14 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

I really don't know. When I got P3D v4, I loaded the F-22 once, switched to the A36, set the airport to Düsseldorf and saved it as new default situation. I definitely didn't fiddle with the audio control panels. I attached the situation files to my previous post. The .fxml is a text file in XML format. You could manually edit your scenario file to disable the ident sounds.

These are the lines you need to check/edit (around line 680 in my file):

<Property Name="AudioNav1Listen" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="AudioNav2Listen" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="AudioMarkerListen" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="AudioDmeListen" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="AudioAdfListen" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="AudioAdf2Listen" Value="False" />

Make sure to only change the Value field between "True" and "False". XML is case-sensitive, so "true" won't work.

I think I found it, Hans.  Here's a slice of the "Aerosoft CRJ Tutorial" .fxml file showing idents set to true.

<Property Name="ComReceiveBoth" Value="False" />
<Property Name="AudioNav1Listen" Value="True" />
<Property Name="AudioNav2Listen" Value="True" />
<Property Name="AudioMarkerListen" Value="True" />
<Property Name="AudioDmeListen" Value="True" />
<Property Name="AudioAdfListen" Value="True" />
<Property Name="AudioAdf2Listen" Value="True" />
<Property Name="AvionicsSwitch" Value="False" />

I changed "True" to "False" for each of them, and now the idents sounds are gone in the tutorial.  Phew!

3 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

That explains it. Thanks. I will make sure that gets changed.

Thanks, my friend.  And again, a beautiful aircraft!  Thanks for all your hard work.

Oh, one more thing.  I checked the "CRJ Tutorial Flight DUS-BSL" .fxml file and the "AudioMarkerListen" property was also set to "True" (all others were "False").  That may be intentional, but I haven't done that tutorial yet.

Doug

vor 10 Minuten, Hans Hartmann sagte:

That explains it. Thanks. I will make sure that gets changed.

Thanks Hans. But it still leaves the question why this is not changeable from inside the aircraft?  The audio control panels are there, so why do the selectors have no effect on these properties?

Archived