DESYNC problems in Connected Flight Deck - a strange collection of errors

Hey, all virtual pilots.

I'm sorry, but I have to warm up the desync discussion again.

To jump over the standard answers immediately: We have the same P3D version (3.4, rev. 3.4.9.18400), same SimConnect version

(3.4.0.0), same Airbus version (1.31), same airplane (Aerosoft Airbus 320/321, same model), both are on Nav DataPro (15.11), no

use of Hamachi, port-forwarding (open ports 6881 and 6882). The connection itself does not seem to be the problem. We are

safely connected for hours, the connecting itself processes without any problems.

The standard tip about desync problems of some members in this forum is 'take a look at the OVPA CFD Setup and CFD

Troubleshooting Guides'. Yaaa, of course we read it, but because of the collection of errors listed below I think it is not a

connection (security, lag, ...) problem. Why ? Because we have exactly the same desync malfunctions in every session.

If we are connected ...

MOST THINGS ARE WORKING FINE

- airplane movements are 100% identical and smooth on both PCs
- 95% of the cockpit works perfect and synced (the SAME 95% in every session)

OUR PROBLEMS ARE

SOME - and every time THE SAME (!) - functions are not synchronised. These desynced functions are:

- no sync on button 'GND CTL' (upper panel RCDR)
- a master caution warnung has to be disabled by PF and PM on it's own (not one pilot for both pilots)
- brighness of ND and PFD are not synced at the beginning (but later during taxiing and flying they are !)
- MCDU left: loading (or changing) a flight plan by PF leads only nearly to the same flight plan for PM; PM has e.g.

dicontinuities where the PM has none of them
- MCDU left: every time the PF presses the 'ATC COMM' button the MCDU of the PM stops the display at the actual page; although

the PF changes to other pages the PM sees the same page UNTIL THE PM clicks e.g. on an arrow button on the MCDU left; if he

does this, all 'forgotten' pages are flickering for a moment and he gets to the actual PF page display and is synced again
- MCDU left: sometimes the key inputs are desynced and sometimes asynchronous (PF sees 'CLR' in text line, PM sees blanks space

-> one more click on 'CLR' and the PF sees blank space but PM sees 'CLR' at the same time)
- sometimes flickering and page desyncs of lower ECAM display
- sommetimes desyns at flight plan information button lights (CSTR, WPT, VOR D, NOB, ARPT) in EFIS

- the baro pressure (1013 QNH) and the ISIS baro have to be set from each pilot on it's own, but this seams to be a correct

feature, although we thought that it is a bug

MY CONCLUSION

We have exactly the same desync malfunctions in every session. That means for me, that it is not a connection problem in

general. But can it be a software problem ? We have the same versions of all components on both PCs. So what can be the reason

causing the descripted problems ?

Thank you for every tip, thought and help.

You mentioned that you have the same SimConnect version, and listed a number.  Are you aware that you have to manually install several other versions of SimConnect for P3D? 

Have you been through the OVPA CFD Setup and Troubleshooting Guides carefully (not skipping a single word)?  I ask, because those guides have fixes 99% of all CFD issues (and from what you've decribed your issue doesn't fall int the 1% category).

Take a look at the things above, and let us know how you make out?

All my best.

Archived