Unable To Cut Engines

As the title suggests, I am Unable To Cut Engines.

When I clock the fuel cut off stitches, thety move, but the engines to not cut.  Also after a few seconds they revert back to the "On" position.

Anyone else encountered this?

They are not fuel cut off switches.  They are a lock out on the throttle levers so they are not able to close when throttles are brought back to idle.  In order to cut the engine you have to raise the red lever and then bring the throttle back to the cut off position.

Found that out the hard way when I was testing.

Jon

2 minutes ago, pfcdowdy said:

They are not fuel cut off switches.  They are a lock out on the throttle levers so they are not able to close when throttles are brought back to idle.  In order to cut the engine you have to raise the red lever and then bring the throttle back to the cut off position.

Found that out the hard way when I was testing.

Jon

Ahh thank you! I will try that now!

Jon is fully correct, the red levers you are using are essentially "lock and release" levers. Since the fuel cut-off switch is embedded in the throttle lever itself you would end up cutting the fuel off whenever you brought the engines to idle, hence to initiate or cut-off the fuel, you will need to left click to disengage the lock and then left click the base of the throttle to either turn the fuel on or off.

vor 28 Minuten, Kihew sagte:

Canada is a whole different planet. 

Compared to plant on which The Donald lives a really good option. Just my European two cents ;)  

But on a serious note: if you are used to the Q400 you notice that they have some freaking ideas at Bombardier. But with the C-Series the nailed it IMHO.

Archived