Cabin Wing Views

Hello again.. great job with the CRJ!!...amazing. Quick question in reference to the VC. Will that left out intentionally or will be added at a later date. Just wondering. Great job again!!

P.S. Never realized my reputation was so low on the forums:unsure: Take care

v/r

ROMAN78

What do you mean with "in reference to the VC"? You can see the wings from the VC but you have to press you virtual nose against the virtual window to do so. The wings are pretty far aft, especially in the -900.

There won't be any cabin wing views because there's no cabin.

Thanks for the response Hans. I was just refering to the Virtual Cockpit and Virtual Cabin ( if there was one). I was just wondering if a virtual cabin was planned  in the future so we could have those amazing views. No worries. I'm so excited to finally have the CRJ. Been looking forward for a long time. Thanks Hans for the work you did. I took her up for a quick spin this morning (USA Mountain time):D  and wow. The flight model, FDE Dave:lol: are all  amazing. Got the steer axis all worked out. I'll practice some more this afternoon before making my first official flight. No bugs for me as of yet.   Again thanks to you Hans, Mathijs and the entire Aersoft team for you hard work. 

Thanks so much

v/r

ROMAN78

Speaking of wing views, I was surprised to somehow see EZDOK automatically had a configuration when I installed the aircraft.  However, the exterior aircraft views don't seem to load the aircraft texture and the flaps are missing.  Only the ailerons are visible and move, but no flaps.  Not sure if it is an ezDok issue or not.

• Aerosoft

We do not plan an virtual cabin as we feel it really has not a lot to do with flying the aircraft. Not doing it also saves a lot of FPS and VAS (and of course money). Sorry.

No idea on EZDOK, perhaps it uses an VC view to see the outside?

you mean when you look at the wings from the inside? What you see from there is only a simplified wing model that is part of the VC, not the exterior model. So there's no livery and only the animations visible from the cockpit window. It's always a fight to achieve a proper framerate. And saving polygons is the first thing you do. That means: no cabin and no details where you normally can't see them. EzDok has the unfortunate habit to force stuff on other products. For me the consequence was that I uninstalled EzDok2.

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 minute ago, Hans Hartmann said:

EzDok has the unfortunate habit to force stuff on other products. For me the consequence was that I uninstalled EzDok2.

Chaseplane any better?

Just now, CoolPilot06 said:

Speaking of wing views, I was surprised to somehow see EZDOK automatically had a configuration when I installed the aircraft.  However, the exterior aircraft views don't seem to load the aircraft texture and the flaps are missing.  Only the ailerons are visible and move, but no flaps.  Not sure if it is an ezDok issue or not.

you have to run the ezca configuration again i use ezdok old version and it works perfect with this plane perfect is perfect.

2 hours ago, Eduard Gasull said:

you have to run the ezca configuration again i use ezdok old version and it works perfect with this plane perfect is perfect.

Does that allow wingviews?  surely this plane has an external model which we can simulate a wingview; I won't be keen on buying it if i cant have a wingview; I have ezdock 2; do I need chaseplane; or wingviews not possible at all?  Would have bought it right now had I not have read this...

• Aerosoft

Ahh well if you feel wingview is essential then you might want to skip this one because we did nothing to include that. We do not feel that sitting in the cabin looking out of the window has a lot to do with flight simulation, but as always other people disagree. I hope you find another CRJ that has wingviews, sorry we could not help you.

1 minute ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Ahh well if you feel wingview is essential then you might want to skip this one because we did nothing to include that. We do not feel that sitting in the cabin looking out of the window has a lot to do with flight simulation, but as always other people disagree. I hope you find another CRJ that has wingviews, sorry we could not help you.

Thanks for quick answer Mathijs...

Is there anyway around that, perhaps with using a camera on the external model to simulate a wingview?  All my aircraft I have been able to incorporate wingviews in...

Simon

vor 17 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

It's not that wingview is an essential part for me - but I'm a bit surprised by your answer, though, since the Airbus A318/319/320/321 does provide wingviews (even without a virtual cabin). Why did you include those views in the busses then, if you consider them unnecessary?

Pretty sure every other aircraft I own regardless of whether it has a modeled cabin or not has wing views. I understand that it isn't essential, but it's a nice view to have. Easy to make them yourself if you have a camera addon (which I don't) Even without it should be pretty easy to define some wingviews in the aircraft CFG which is why I'm surprised they weren't included to start with, considering the popularity of wing views and the way they are pretty much the industry standard in regards to available views.

18 hours ago, simon747 said:

Does that allow wingviews?  surely this plane has an external model which we can simulate a wingview; I won't be keen on buying it if i cant have a wingview; I have ezdock 2; do I need chaseplane; or wingviews not possible at all?  Would have bought it right now had I not have read this...

if you mean place a camera with the external model on the wing side, yes you can. I mean it will not be like the wilco one that you can go inside the cabin. all the well done addons  not have the passenger cabin modeled. too much things to do in the cockpit. but for example i placed a camera the very first day i entered the beta team in the wing but in the external model. but first you need to run EZCA config tool again in order to see correctly the external model of CRJ with the ezca view system.

is that what you mean?

pd: sorry my poor english.

3 minutes ago, gjharrall said:

I don't think anyone is interested in the cabin, just the wing view like the a320 series

so you can do your self with ezca (or chaseplane i guess) if aerosoft does not provide a default wing camera view.

if you want guys i can upload here my ezra profile for CRJ, but note that i have the last version of the V1. not v2

There seems to be a bit of confusion in this thread. EZdok (or EZdok 2, depending on which sim you are using) can of course be used to set up wing views. However, the camera needs to be set up from an external view.

As has already been said, there is no virtual cabin. But this doesn't mean you can't set up a wing view (or indeed any view you want) with Ezdok.

Archived