Strange Runway Lights Malaga

Paul

Hi,

Just Installed Malaga X 1.04 and Menorca X 1.05 into P3d Ver4. When first run,the Runway lights

displayed normal,but after the second load of the scenery they were displaying as square like bmp lights,at both Airports.

Please login to display this image.

Any suggestions!!

Thanks,

Paul.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Mathijs

What is this "default file"? is it possible to get this file from Aerosoft or Simwings?

Pardon my ignorance,but if it is a default file then why are my default & other airport scenerys displaying

the PAPI & Runway lights in a normal way.

At the moment I only seem have issues with Simwings scenery and the latest scenery install was LEPA & LIEB

yesterday 13/08 & they too have light issues. (See Screenshots)

BTW, What is going on with the Grass textures in the night shots of the

Spanish Airports as well??

Valencia Default

UK2000 Birmingham Day

UK2000 Birmingham Night

Aerosoft Bergen Day

Aerosoft Bergen Night

Aerosoft Thessaloniki Day

Aerosoft Thessaloniki Night

Malaga Day

Malaga Night

Menorca Day

Menorca Night

Mallorca Day

Mallorca Night

Ibiza Day

Ibiza Night

Paul.

Hi Mathijs,if this is a "Copright" file,could you advise me who to contact

to try and get this problem sorted,it is getting quite frustrating.

Would it be LM or Simwings?

Regards,

Paul.

• Aerosoft

As I tried to explain, the issue is most likely that a file of the simulator is changed. Some silly add-ons do that.

So depending on your sim you should contact Microsoft, Dovetails or Lockheed. But I can assure you that all of them will tell you to re-install your sim. Best ask a friend to send you the complete effects folder. 

• Developer

The Runwaylights of the V4 Simwings Addons (Malaga, Menorca, Mallorca and Ibiza) use the same custom Runwaylights (no default files are used here), as they was used for FSX/P3D V3 before without any reports like this here.

When the lights are ok at the first load of the scenery, it need to be explained more in detail, what is done by the "second load" of the scenery. What is a second load?

Hello Oliver,

I installed Malaga then Menorca,started the Sim and first went to look at Malaga All lights PAPI,Runway & Taxi lights looked to be correct. 

Then I went to check Menorca but it had the large square shaped lights, as in the screenshots.

When I flew back in to Malaga the "Second Load" the lights there appeared the same as Menorca and the same results

also for Ibiza and Mallorca.

I have carried out what Mathijs suggested,replaced the Effects folder and the Texture folder inside the Effects folder (No Difference with that)

Also have uninstalled & reinstalled Malaga & Menorca,still have the same light problem.

All my other Airport scenerys from other developers and default Airports,have no such light problems.

Would it be possible for you to send me the "Simwings Custom Runwaylights File" you mention in a zipfile to try.

Many Thanks,

Paul.

• Developer

I will forward you info's to Simwings, they should check, if they can reproduce it.

The lights have nothing to do with effects and it will not have to do with the files. It is maybe an issue in the material setting and the new handling of the z-buffer in V4. I am not at my PC until next week, so i can't check it myself, but have seen and fixed it for Madeira some weeks ago, where the lights are complete V4 redone, not only straight ported to V4.

Hello Oliver,

Your help and information is very much appreciated.

Fingers crossed there will be a solution to this problem. I

will wait to hear back from you with your findings and hopefully with good news. 

Thanks again,

Paul.

Oliver,

Just checking,is there any news or update on the lights?

Good news on the grass night texture fix BTW.

Cheers,

Paul.

• Developer

Can you try it with HDR off. Keep in mind, that is not a P3D V4 Professional Version, where all components are optimized for use the new rendering engine of V4.

A Prof. Version is planned, but needs a bit time.

Hello , 

Works for me too , but it cant be the Solution . 

All other Lights are affected by this .

The Strange thing is that when you disable HDR then the Runway Lights looks great but when you enabled HDR again and try every Slider the without Success . 

And sorry i try to change the default halo.bmp with no success too. 

Is there another Solution ? 

Michael 

Here again an comparsion of 4 different Airports . 

Number 1 LEPA from Aerosoft , 2 EDDM T2G , LFMN Justsim, EDDH Justsim 

Why again an Aerosoft distributed Airport makes troubles ? 

Since one Week i write here in the Forum about different Problems. 

Oliver did great work . Much thanks for this. But should it not run better ? 

Michael 

Here another Screenshot from Malaga ( Aerosoft ) : 

• Deputy Sheriffs
10 minutes ago, winstonwolf said:

Number 1 LEPA from Aerosoft , 2 EDDM T2G , LFMN Justsim, EDDH Justsim 

Why again an Aerosoft distributed Airport makes troubles ? 

If you ask like this, why don't you ask the question why one and the same developer (not publisher) is not able to do the same lighting at all of their airports?

This is obviously a question of personal preference. Why else do you think add-ons like REX4 Texture Direct come with tons of different lighting settings for runway and taxiway lighting?

vor 5 Minuten, Tom A320 sagte:

If you ask like this, why don't you ask the question why one and the same developer (not publisher) is not able to do the same lighting at all of their airports?

This is obviously a question of personal preference. Why else do you think add-ons like REX4 Texture Direct come with tons of different lighting settings for runway and taxiway lighting?

Sorry Tom , this lightnings have nothing to do with Addonn Airports . They only change the Lights from the default Airports. 

Very disappointing. I bought Menorca Evolution v 1.05 yesterday. Just installed the airport and the night lights are absolutely horrendous (awful) as has been reported in this forum with mixed and contradicting answers. The only somewhat useful answers have been from OPabst. For Aerosoft support to state that it is the fault of  some other add-on without checking before making the statement is very poor behaviour to say the least.

After reading the above, I can only deduce that the product is not adequately compatible with P3Dv4. Next we'll be expected to pay an upgrade price for professional version for a product that is already claimed to be compatible with P3Dv4. Had I known this about the lights, I would NEVER have bought this product. I didn't know that there were "non professional" versions of Aerosoft airports ?

Also - the original post clearly stated that the simulator is P3Dv4. So why does Aerosoft even mention other simulator developers like Dovetail / Microsoft.  

Products should not be sold as P3Dv4 compatible if they have not been updated properly. 

How is a person expected to remember to turn off HDR and have to change settings for specific airports? Unacceptable.

REX does not affect add on airports and nor should it. Add-on payware airports should work properly out of the box.

Rhett

I totally agree with you, I think Aerosoft have dropped the ball on these updates for P3d v4, it's a pity as it's only small jiggly issues that should have been picked up before release. Maybe it's better to wait for the Professional range! I rather pay a few euros to have a complete package working!

just on another note I would like to ask the team if there is any truth that Limesim have no interest updating Dublin for P3d v4?  (Tom don't be locking this :o:P)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Aerosoft , 

Whats going on with you ?!?! Are you in Summer Holidays ? 

Now i give you since 3 Weeks the chance to answer my questions , BUT no answers. No answer from TOM A320 . I wrote you that REX only change the lights at the default Airports. No reaction , no new tip for me and other users . 

Are someone works on Updates for this behaviors ? Please a little more infos !!!!!

Thanks 

Archived