PREPAR3D

Capt Cook

As a longtime satisfied customer of Aerosoft I cannot say at this  moment  to be satisfied with things are going with Aerosoft..I am talking about the introduction of Prepar3d.. Finally switching after so many happy years in the FSX enviroment to the 64 bit Prepar3d  i soon found out

that 95% of my sceneries bought at Aerosoft are not compatible with my new flightsim...I found out that several major scenerymakers are up to date likeFlyTampa  and FsDreamteam wich are both major players in the flightsimscene.Has it maybe something to do that Aerosoft is a

big player in the X-plane world?I guess so.. If that is the case then its regrettable for all the customers who have another idea of chosing  a new flightsimulator.Because Aero soft tells us we are working on it.. try our website next month....Major airports in Germany like EDDF-EDDM etc

are not on top of the list..Too bad. I cannot believe I am the only one to signal this unfortunate situation.Regards John Folkeringa Belgium

Hi John,

I understand what you are saying, but here are some reasons for the fact that a lot of sceneries are not up-to-date yet:

- P3Dv4 released as a total surprise; everyone knew it was coming, but when looking at previous releases it was mostly in September

- P3Dv4 is a huge difference to the previous P3D versions (x64, dynamic lighting). Developers need some time to make this their own

- Aerosoft is not only developer, but mostly also publisher. They have about 200+ sceneries,of which a great part is done by (smaller) external developers

- Every developer makes its own choices; some just port the scenery, while others take the momentum to overhaul the scenery and bring it up to the new standards

- If you look at the compatibility list below you will see that some sceneries are postponed, but that they get full P3Dv4 features instead of just ports:

- It is holiday time right now, and most of the developers are enjoying their holidays, meaning projects are postponed)

- Indeed, FSDT is totally P3Dv4 ready, which is really nice! FlyTampa only offered some update files, and a lot of users are struggling with all kind of issues after manually updating files. This is something Aerosoft wants to avoid.

Hope this gives a bit insight ;) (I am not talking on behalf of Aerosoft BTW)

Erik

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived