Problem with Routes.

Retrovanian

Good Evening.

I have tried 5 times with no success to produce a route from Manchester to Heathrow or Heathrow to Manchester. I have had 2 with breaks or kinks in the transitions and 2 which would not accept the Approach and overshot the airfield. The SID's are fine but it is the STAR

and Transitions which cause the problems They seem outlandishly complex for what they do. I am flying the British Airways A321 and am planning the Routes on FS Commander.and loading them into the FMC. They check out fine when running through the Route but not when being flown. Can I make and ILS Approach without a Star or Transition because I can only get an ILS if I have a Star or Transition. I am getting on a bit and would like some help. I have read the Manual and watched Videos on YouTube. I have the same Airac Cycle in FS Commander and the Airbus Date for the FMC. At my age I cannot spend hours checking out flight after flight to get one that works. What can I do.

Thanks in anticipation and kind regards James.

Yes I do know how to use an ILS and if you look at the post highlighted by mopperle you will see what I mean. The airbus in managed mode displays the ILS with catagory ect. It just won't lock in on the Glideslope. I am using the Aerosoft Mega Heathrow extended Airport and Manchester X from Just Flight. I am going the correct speeds and with everything set as the checklists indicates. I am coming in under the Glideslope. I may add that my other flight plans work fine apart from the one with the kink. But I am able to get round this by hand flying. The Manchester to London kinks do not seem to be passable by the usual methods. I do feel that I am being treated like an idiot by the odd person on here because I am not an expert on this, maybe like some of you are. I have had a long break from FS and my last version was FS2004. I was able to fly the official Concorde add on with ease from cold dark Cockpit. Mainly because it came with a Video of the flight with Capt. David Rowlands and his team and I was younger and working and not retired, I am a little slower to learn these days. I have only just come back to FSX a few months ago.

Thank you and kind regards.

First of all, no one is treating you like an idiot. There are members here from complete beginners right up to fully qualified real world pilots.

Can you try it again and post some screenshots of the MCDU, FCU and the PFD and ND at the point where you intercept the glideslope?

Hi,

Just managed on the 7th Flight Plan an attempt with no errors to land on Runway 09L at Heathrow. The bit that worries me is that on a long hall flight it would take you ages to get to the approach phase to see if there are any problems. I have been able to get to

x 4 speed during the flight but anything past that is not possible. I suppose you live and learn. The saving of the Flight with the Airbus does not seem to hold parameters unless there is another way of doing this. Any thoughts on this much appreciated.

Thanks for the help kind regards James.

Archived