Tromso X Surrounding Coastline Vector Problems

Rhett

Hi Jo,

I have the very latest Tromso X installed in P3Dv4. Everything is working very well. Thanks for the top class airport scenery for Norway. I have all the FTX Global Products installed - including FTX Vector and OpenLC Europe. I do NOT have FTX Norway installed.

There is one problem I have with Tromso X - and that is that the surrounding islands and terrain has "lost" the coastal vector detail / data. The terrain textures simply run straight into the sea, with no coastline detail, no waves, etc., just straight edged terrain tiles meeting the sea/water. Please see the attached photos. I experimented with turning off various scenery bgl files and found that by turning off the "CVX_Photo_ENTC.BGL" in "E:\P3DV4\Ecosystem\Aerosoft\Tromso X\Scenery", the problem was fixed. However, the airport itself then had elevation problems - so I cannot live with this file de-activated. I have tried all options that I can think of and have run out of ideas. Please could you advise how this can be fixed. I have seen the problem before with a few other addon airp

Please login to display this image.

orts like FlyTampa's Corfu - as well as some of the coastline around your Bergen (although not as severe as with Tromso). Trondheim Vaernes 2 seems ok in this regard. It happens, of course, mainly with coastal airports near water / sea bodies where there are nearby coastlines.

Thanks in advance.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I do not see such an issue, but I have also installed FTX Norway. Please show us where your Orbx products are locted in the scenery library.

And you are sure you gave the correct answer during the installation process regarding FTX Norway?

Please see attached scenery library extract. As far as I understand it, the ORBX scenery entries are 100% correct.

1. If you disable FTX Norway, how does it look? Do you have FTX Vector installed ? I think it is a conflict with FTX Vector.

2. What is the correct answer that you are referring to during the installation process ? There is no question I found regarding FTX Norway for Version 1.03 of Tromso X.

Kind regards,

• Deputy Sheriffs

The first Orbx entry must always go under the lowest add-on entry. By far, the best way to do that is using the Settings Tool in Orbx Central. In my case, all my non-Orbx add-ons are on top of the Scenery Library, with Bergen X at the bottom of that list. using the tool, I just select Bergen and Central does the rest. Open LC should look like the sample. If you don't use Orbx Central to do this, the order will sometimes re-sequence without you noticing it. Here's how the Settings page in Orbx central should look:

To see if you have the right sequence, what does the top page 1 your Scenery Library look like?

For your question 2, during the Tromso X installation, you're asked if you have FTX Norway (I think, or it might be FTX Global Vector) installed or not. That's what Otto meant with his last question. I don't have the Tromso X scenery so I don't know exactly what the question is. If you're comfortable with it, you could uninstall Tromso using the Windows Control Panel and re-install, looking specifically for what that question looks like and answering according to what you have installed. The usual warnings about turning off your anti-virus during installation and initial use, plus installing as Administrator, apply.

For what it's worth, I have Orbx Global, Global LC Europe and Global Vector, plus FTX Norway and Aerosoft Bergen installed with correct coastlines everywhere

Thank you Herman for taking the time to respond. However:

I have the same setup philosophy for ORBX FTX as you have described. 

I can confirm again that Tromso X does not have a question or option for FTX Norway compatibility like Jo's other Norwegian Airports. I did already check again and there is no compatibility question for Tromso X regarding FTX Norway. I have the latest installer version 1.03.

As I mentioned before, I believe there is a compatibility problem with Tromso X and FTX Vector and really would like Jo to kindly look into it. I had the same problem with FSX and previous versions of Tromso X.

With the terrain coastline looking like it does, it's not pretty and defeats the object of having a good quality add on airport. 

I can only stress again that the problem is not with FTX Norway - as I do not have FTX Norway. I have all other FTX Global products but not FTX Norway.

Kind regards,

Rhett

• Deputy Sheriffs

It seems that's all I can suggest as potential issues for you to confirm settings for, until Jo is able to respond. Based on your confirmation, you've done everything necessary for the scenery to look like it should.

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to confirm that I have exactly the same issue as Rhett with Tromso. Which is a pity as the scenery is otherwise first class.

I do have Orbx Norway installed as well as Orbx vector/global etc. I also have the other three Aerosoft P3Dv4 Norway sceneries installed. My library priorities are fine.

Let me know if you would like some screenshots.

Regards

Paul

Archived