Trondheim Version 2 Memory?

Aharon

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Does AEROSOFT - TRONDHEIM- VAERNES X 2.0 FSX have memory leak problem?  If so, what can I do to fix it?  If not, what is causing Radar_Pre_Leak_WOW64 error message for FSX?  The description says:

Radar_Pre_Leak_WOW64

fsx.exe

c:Users\Aharon\AppData\Local\Temp\RDR155.temp\empty.text

c:Users\Aharon\AppData\Local\Temp\WER156.tempWERInternalMetadata.xml

I have no idea what is it????  If Trondheim V2 is not cause of it, then what?

I am using FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2 set in Windows 10 Pro operating system

Thanks,

Aharon

Tom,

I got fed up by strange freezes of FSX so I rebooted the pc and now I am flying a testing flight while FSX seems to be holding and running without problems.

That does not solve my two questions:  Why did FSX freeze in few flights yesterday and today?  And why was there NO NO NO error messages in the event viewer???

Even though I quoted above the error message's exact words by word by word and by number by number while skipping FSX version number, if you still need, I will copy and paste the complete error message from few days ago even though the event viewer did not classify it as error message because FSX froze few times yesterday and today WITHOUT error messages (how weird is that?)  but it seems that your superb Trondheim V 2.0 is not culprit.

Meanwhile, FSX is flying now and if I manage to land without incident, I guess simple reboot solves the problem even though it does not answer my two questions.

Regards,

Aharon

Tom,

As promised, here is screenshot of the message. Actually it is not error message as FSX freeze does not produce error messages.  Only CTD crashes.

So far, I completed a flight today without incident so I guess rebooting the pc solved the problem. I hope so!!

Regards,

Aharon

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Aharon,

please copy&paste the entire text from the error message. As you can see from the scroll bar on the right of the text field there is more text available.

10 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

As you can see from the scroll bar on the right of the text field there is more text available.

Shalom Tom,

My apologies!!  I did not notice that I was supposed to copy more.  Since this event viewer procedure does not permit me to make screenshot of WHOLE error message, I made screenshot copy of second part of the error showing message starting from P10 and down so that you will not miss anything from two screenshots showing first and second parts.

Already ran recommended precautionary tests such as sfc/scannow and memory diagnostics tool. So far the laptop passed all the tests with flying colors. Yes Radar_Pre_Leak_WOW64 fsx.exe means memory leak but so far tests proved no existence of such memory leak. That is what makes it baffled.

So far, I had successfully completed a flight and I am PRAYING that my next flights would not give any problems!  I guess rebooting did the trick.

Regards,

Aharon

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

As far as I understand the "Radar_Pre_Leak_WOW64" error message (Event ID 1001), that some of your Windows resources are running low due to their usage of the given program, fsx.exe in this case.

What are the exact hardware specifications of your system?

What other applications do you have up and running while running FSX?

1 hour ago, Tom A320 said:

What are the exact hardware specifications of your system? What other applications do you have up and running while running FSX?

Well it is a hot rod laptop with 16GB ram, 6 GB NVIDIA GeForce® GTX1060 video ram, 1TB 7,200 rpm, and 256 GB SSD using Latest 7th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ processor. Besides, the laptop never told me any memory or OOM error messages.

While I was flying on FSX, the only other applications running were usual Norton anti virus and Microsoft MSPaint (for pasting screenshots and saving them) as well as Vatsim software PilotClient v2.0 and any virtual airline's ASCARS. They never posed problems for me past 6 months of flying.

Regards,

Aharon

• Deputy Sheriffs

Doing some further search on this most hints I saw pointed towards malware/virus infections.

It must be definitely something strictly tight to your computer as I have never ever seen (and also Google didn't) any such error message here in the AS forums.

Tom,

I hope it is not virus :)  Let's keep fingers crossed and see how FSX performs in coming flights :)

Thanks for investigating this strange problem. By the way, I just bought three Aerosoft sceneries to be installed into my laptop :)I have two more Aerosoft sceneries to buy later which are Fairbank X and ESSA Stockholm Mega airport. Since Aerosoft ESSA scenery is 8 years old, any plans from Aerosoft to update or upgrade ESSA scenery??  I have Aerosoft Oslo X v 2.0 and Aerosoft Helsinki X but need ESSA scenery to complete the Baltic capitals' airport package for the fun of shuttle service between those three cities.

Regards,

Aharon

• Deputy Sheriffs

I haven't heard of any plans of Aerosoft for a new ESSA, but there is a quite good new rendition from Orbx available.

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 hours ago, Aharon said:

Well it is a hot rod laptop with 16GB ram, 6 GB NVIDIA GeForce® GTX1060 video ram, 1TB 7,200 rpm, and 256 GB SSD using Latest 7th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ processor. Besides, the laptop never told me any memory or OOM error messages.

While I was flying on FSX, the only other applications running were usual Norton anti virus and Microsoft MSPaint (for pasting screenshots and saving them) as well as Vatsim software PilotClient v2.0 and any virtual airline's ASCARS. They never posed problems for me past 6 months of flying.

Regards,

Aharon

While  it seems doubtful running Paint is part of the issue, are you aware that simply hitting the "V" key while in the sim posts an instant screenshot to a folder in your Pictures folder named after the sim? Give it a try if you haven't. They automatically save as .jpegs at 72 dpi and your screen rez.

Thanks for explanation, Mathijs.

Herman,  well all I know is that if I use "V" key function to create and save screenshots, then in this method, each screenshot averages 3 MB file size.  If I am using my MSPaint method, then each screenshot averages only 200K file size.

Regards,

Aharon

• Deputy Sheriffs

Aharon, Hermann was not correct here, as FSX saves the screenshot in bmp format, but you can open the bmp file in Paint and save it as jpg.

• Deputy Sheriffs
51 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Aharon, Hermann was not correct here, as FSX saves the screenshot in bmp format, but you can open the bmp file in Paint and save it as jpg.

Good catch, Otto. I missed that the topic was the FSX version. FSX does save "V" shots in .bmp while P3D v4 saves them in .jpg. For P3D, my widescreen monitor results in a shot with a resolution of 2560x1080 pixels at 72 dpi for a file size of only 320 KB on the disk.

Anyway, the real topic is the error message Aharon is  getting and a solution for it.

Herman, it is not problem and I appreciate as well as welcome your comments on screenshot taking techniques. 

Regards,

Aharon

Archived