Any Update Dear Developers

Bikash

Hi Developers, 

Checking at Compatibility List  Most of the  Old Airport  will be ready for P3d v4  by  Mid of July, But still there is no update  its already last week of July, We are waiting for Mega Scenery Airport Heathrow, Frankfurt and so on.....  Any News 

Best Regards

• Deputy Sheriffs

Just wait and see what's going to happen. Updates will be reported (respective the compatibility list will be updated) when there is something to tell, and not necessarily on request.

Don't forget that unlike other vendors, Aerosoft has 200+ add-ons to check (and update). Doing this properly takes time. It has also already been told that some airports are also getting updated to the current RL situation beside the pure P3Dv4 compatibility.

Recently I also found this compatibility overview:

http://www.theskylounge.tv/topic/5106-the-ultimate-p3d-v4-add-on-update-compatibility-list/

It lists products from not just Aerosoft but other commercial developers as well. You can see if it's updated, if it works out of the box or if there are issues with the product. Of course the list isn't complete, it can never be. There are simply too many add-ons to be listed.

If you look at that list, you can see that Aerosoft Mega Airport Amsterdam for example doesn't work in P3D V4. That's not a problem because FlyTampa Amsterdam has been updated. Since FlyTampa Amsterdam is much newer than Aerosoft Mega Airport Amsterdam I personally think Aerosoft Mega Airport Amsterdam will not be upgraded. By now everyone that is interested in Amsterdam has FlyTampa Amsterdam, Aerosoft Amsterdam is not being used that often anymore.

vor 3 Stunden , Fabian Boulegue sagte:

Hello,

Mega Scenery won't be updated that I can tell you for sure....

Frankfurt will get a upgrade - Heathrow should get one also.

but Frankfurt just gets straight ported without any update/upgrade meaing new features. So this cant be the reason for the delay? 

• Developer
vor 2 Stunden , nairolf123456 sagte:

but Frankfurt just gets straight ported without any update/upgrade meaing new features. So this cant be the reason for the delay? 

The list is not up-to-date, not in dates and not in type of upgrade.

I can only speak for Addons, I am involved, but non of them will be straight ported or simple updates.

All will complete technical redesigned an optimized to the new SDK and perfomance. There are many V4 features added, like season switches, weather contolled runway and taxilights, animated windsocks, dynamic ligths, Jetways and so on, all based on native SDK code, no external tools.

Here the list, only includes the Addons, where the code is done and in final testing:

- GAP Mega Airport Frankfurt

- GAP Stuttgart

- GAP Friedrichshafen

- Sim-wings La Palma

- Aerosoft/PADLabs Berlin Tegel

- Aerosoft/PADLabs Mega Airport Zuerich

Others are still on the desk and we working on it. As it is not only the Installer to be updated, it needs time.

As we have holiday Session right now most involved persons are not in Office the next weeks, we will start with the release of the new V4 Products Mid of August, when all parties of the Projects are back and can handle and assist the release and support.

• Developer
vor 9 Minuten, 19_Invictus_21 sagte:

Surprised but highly appreciated that Friedrichshafen gets some love!

Oh and did I read correctly that Zürich will get animated Jetways in P3D V4?

You are able to read ;)

In view of the fact that you wanted to publish these sceneries in June, it is remarkable that August is already mentioned. How did this massive miscalculation come about? I personally can not take any statements seriously anymore. 

• Developer

Sorry Dominic,

but you don't see two facts:

1. P3D V4 is available since 30. May, it is more then only a Hotfix of V3 and offers new feature which only works, when the Addon is prepared for that.

2. As the June was given short after release of P3D V4, it was planed for a straight port, which say more or less only a change of the installer, done.

But then, no features of V4 would be available, no shadows, no lights, no seasonswitch ...

So the plan was change by the developers to change all the codes of the scenery to make them full V4 compatible and not only installable.

This facts changes the timeplan.

And that now we got into the summer holiday season, is based on the release time of V4, short before the summer starts.

I wish you only projects in you business life, that are easy to handle, so that you always be able to give correct dates to you boss ;)

• Developer
vor 13 Minuten, wussa sagte:

One question does Straight port means only new installer? Or is it compiled with the P3dv4 Compiler / SDK? 

I asked because of that thread: PMDG Info about P3Dv4.

No, "Straight port" means normaly, that the Code working for P3D V3 (or FSX) will be used, maybe parts not anymore working in V4 replaced or changed. But it don't mean that all BGL's are recompiled with the new V4 SDK.

If the Info's PMDG give in there statement are correct, is on another thing. I don't see any reason, that MDL Code based on previous SDK versions should generate issues, as long as you don't need to use new features like scripting or special Materialsettings.

Anyway, in the products I am talking above, all BGL Files expect AFCAD or special Code for Dockingsystem/Papis are compiled with the actual V4 SDK (because we use new features).

The AFCAD we still use FSX SDK, because some Tools reading the Airportdata from there, are not able to handle the new BGL Header structure added with V4.

For Dockingsystem we don't have a replacement available yet based on FSX/P3D SDK's, therefor LM has still included (reduced) code to handle BGLC code. As far as the in V4 added Varaiables for Scenery Object give us an alternative to replace this parts, we will do that.

On 7/25/2017 at 8:49 AM, Fabian Boulegue said:

Hello,

Mega Scenery won't be updated that I can tell you for sure....

Frankfurt will get a upgrade - Heathrow should get one also.

Is  " GAP Mega Airport Frankfurt "  the same as Mega Scenery Frankfurt V2?

Is the upgrade to P3Dv4 free or will there be a fee?

Thank you.

Dear Mathijs Kok

Just curious to know when will be heathrow available for p3d v4  looking at your updated compatiblity list its supposed to be on July and still no news, and regarding update for milan malpensa still no update for light cone facing downwards.

Waiting for speedy reply 

Best Regards

[MOD EDIT: we can all read perfectly well, no need to post entirely in bold letters - bold format removed!]

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 minutes ago, Bikash said:

Just curious to know when will be heathrow available for p3d v4  looking at your updated compatiblity list its supposed to be on July and still no news, and regarding update for milan malpensa still no update for light cone facing downwards.

Evaluating 200+ add-ons for P3Dv4 compatibility, estimating the update efforts etc takes time. Please be patient, information will be given automatically through the already above linked compatibility list, once it becomes available.

Archived