ENVA Elevation Issue

Bikash

Dear Developer, 

I had issue with ENVA elevation, as checked on past forum  Rob had similar issue and developer provided a AFCAD  which i downloaded the file and replace, still same issue, is it because of  FTX Vector  in P3d V4, i look for Disable AEC from FTX Vector but couldn't find  ENVA  Airport, please refer to an pictures 

Waiting for speedy reply 

Please login to display this image.

vor 1 minute, Jo Erlend sagte:

Hi, did you also make sure that the ENVA scenery is above any ORBX entry in the scenery library?

I have several of your airports. Thats a standard behaviour in P3D V4 

The main reason is if you Keep Aerosoft Scenery above ORBX entries next time when there is ORBX update when u run FTX Central the aersoft Entries would be put back of ORBX, so i was wondering why you guys keep scenery on Addon Manager like other developers has done,  FSDT , Flightbeam 

• Deputy Sheriffs
51 minutes ago, Bikash said:

so i was wondering why you guys keep scenery on Addon Manager like other developers has done,  FSDT , Flightbeam 

Because that's the way LM wants all 3rd parties to install their add-ons.

But reality has shown, that things are not too precisely specified by LM, so that there are different interpretations of the specification currently observable on the market. 

I am sure LM will fine tune their spec and vendors will adapt their installers (if needed).

Aerosoft Vaernes 2,0 dont look good with FTX Norwary and vector. FS Global UTX ..

And it does not seem that ENVA is in vector for the moment?

All the best 

Jens Michlas

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 minutes ago, Jens Michlas said:

And it does not seem that ENVA is in vector for the moment?

Are you using P3Dv4 as well?

Please refer to the Orbx Release Notes regarding Vector, stating that it doesn't support the new add-on installation specification being introduced by LM. The release notes also state a manual workaround for this.

12 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

Are you using P3Dv4 as well?

Please refer to the Orbx Release Notes regarding Vector, stating that it doesn't support the new add-on installation specification being introduced by LM. The release notes also state a manual workaround for this.

Sorry.... Yes I do... 

:)

I am just now checking ENGM, which is not in the vector configuration tool either. But the scenery just after installation looks fine.

• Developer

@Jens Michlas That's a different issue compared to the first post, the problem you're having is due to the SODE module, make sure it's installed & activated correctly and that you have the SODE entry as in the image bellow.

You can also disable the SODE features for the scenery in the Vaernes configuration tool if you do not wish to use it by unchecking "Use SODE".

Well Keeping the  ENVA  scenery Libraries at the top of ORBX entries resolve the Elevation Issue at the moment but  let hope in future ORBX will come with Vector Update. because most of the Aerosoft Scenery require to be priority  above the ORBX libraries, 

26 minutes ago, Jo Erlend said:

@Jens Michlas That's a different issue compared to the first post, the problem you're having is due to the SODE module, make sure it's installed & activated correctly and that you have the SODE entry as in the image bellow.

You can also disable the SODE features for the scenery in the Vaernes configuration tool if you do not wish to use it by unchecking "Use SODE".

Jo Erlend... Sigh.....:beatcomputer_s:

That just solved all my problems... 

I didn't knew that the SODE had soo much impact on the scenery. 

And when I worked with the sceneries the SODE had get deactivated.....

Thank you Jo Erlend and Tom A320 for your efforts...

Jens 

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 hours ago, Bikash said:

Well Keeping the  ENVA  scenery Libraries at the top of ORBX entries resolve the Elevation Issue at the moment but  let hope in future ORBX will come with Vector Update. because most of the Aerosoft Scenery require to be priority  above the ORBX libraries, 

Actually, that's an Orbx expectation for all other scenery, not just Aerosoft. If you check their commercial support site here (requires signup), you'll see that's the first thing they suggest for this sort of thing, and it's also the reason for the FTXCentral settings section shown below. If you don't use the Orbx settings as shown, you'll loose any manual sorting with sceneries relative to the Orbx entries when you close the sim and restart.

As for the Vector elevation adjustment tool, it's been out for a week or so for P3Dv4.

Archived