Compatible or not ?

Felidae

Hi,

using the list of compatible add-ons published by Aerosoft, I' have tried to install a few sceneries which are not compatible with P3DV4 at least on my brand new PC totally dedicated to this simulator.

Two examples among others

As-Polish Airport -2X the installer is searching P3D V2 ??

and

EDBC  AS 29 Palms : P3DV4 is not a proposed selection (and the P3DV3 option generates an error)

I also noted that the sceneries are installed either in C:/.... P3DV4 add-ons or in the main repertoire of P3DV4 (which is on an other ssd). A little bit confusing, isn't?

Am I alone with these "problems" and do you also encounter some "interrogations"?

Regards

Felidae

• Deputy Sheriffs

If a publisher declares an add-on P3D 4 compatible, it means they've at least checked to see that it installs and runs on the sim. If they haven't, then the add-on may still work or as you've experienced, it doesn't work. Simply, it the add-on isn't declared as compatible, don't be surprised if it doesn't work. What you wrote in your first paragraph is every bit to be expected.

Even for sims that are compatible, some publishers have chosen to allow installation anywhere you want to put it and have the installer make an entry in the appropriate .xml file (which lives in your Documents folder), some insist on installing everything including all files in your documents folder, and still others install everything wherever you want them to be without altering the .xml file. The .xml approach is new to P3D v4 and the preferred method by the Software Developer's Kit, but the industry seems to be fighting that to some extent, hence the variation for sceneries that are compatible.

Looking through any forum that deals with P3D v4 will show folks asking the questions you are, but a developer community consensus has yet to emerge and so no answer to  your third question. Therefore, there's nothing a user can do besides deal with it until a consensus on installation emerges if it even ever does.

• Deputy Sheriffs
9 hours ago, Felidae said:

EDBC  AS 29 Palms : P3DV4 is not a proposed selection (and the P3DV3 option generates an error)

this one is definitely compatible with v4 and offers on installation a v4 option. So I guess you simply downloaded the wrong installer.

The installation thing is indeed a problem where LM caused a lot of confusion and this con only be solved by LM itself.

Hi Mopperle

Thanks for the very interesting answers.

Today you are right.; yesterday evening ( 22.29  ET) on  the american mirror or the third one I still got version 1.13! And I didn't see it. Sorry.

Now it is working correctly .

But Polnish  Airports, not.

Thanks

Daniel

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

No problem. For some reason there is a problem (orange Donald? ;) ) with the US mirror. So I suggest to use one of th other mirros for downloading.

Archived