Malaga X Airport

Retrovanian

Hi,

Just bought Malaga X Airport for FSX Steam edition. It gets to the point where I have to pick Jetways using Either Sode or Control J. On clicking next an error pops up and the airport cannot be installed

error massage Use Dll Failed Could not load DLL_Key_Path. I have re downloaded in case the file was corrupted. Turn of my AV Software restarted my machine. Checked folders and registry. Tried Installing in FSX not in FSX Steam Edition. Checked my code and email address. Nothing works. I am using Windows 10.

Kind regards James

I have just been told by support to put the topic on the Forums in case anyone knows the answer. I do not think this is in the right place as I am getting no replies. Where do I put it to get people to look at it. Are there Moderators on this Forum?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Does your system ever seen FSX, or just FSX:SE? If it has never seen FSX you need to select "FSX" at installation (and thank Dovetail for this crap setup rule).

Are you starting the setup as administrator (right click the exe file and select "run as administrator")?

21 hours ago, Retrovanian said:

Is this in the right section?

Nearly, I will move it over into the "Aerosoft Scenery" forum.

Thank you for your reply. I have tried both install as FSX and FSX Steam edition. I have checked the Path each time and it is correct. I am running the installer as Administrator and I am also logged in as Administrator. Support have suggested a few checks and other things and I have done exactly as they have said but it still will not install coming up with the same error each time.

Kind regards James.

• Deputy Sheriffs
19 minutes ago, Retrovanian said:

and I am also logged in as Administrator.

So you are really logged in with the account named "Adminstrator"? If so, good look, as most things want work, if you install a software one day with your normal account and administrative rights and the other day with the Administrator account. You should NEVER install software of any kind with the Administrator account!

Install under your normal account by right clicking on the setup file and there you choose "Run as Administrator". Nothing else!!!

Problem solved by installing the program in Safe Mode. Apparently anti-virus software stops ascrypt_pro.dll from installing Even though I turned it of using the Norton Control Panel. It must have been on in the background. I have never had this problem with my other Aerosoft Airports.

Thanks for all your help. It is much appreciated.

Kind regards James.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hmm, strange, could be a problem with the installer, do you have an order number for me? You can send it via PM

• Aerosoft
19 hours ago, Retrovanian said:

Problem solved by installing the program in Safe Mode. Apparently anti-virus software stops ascrypt_pro.dll from installing Even though I turned it of using the Norton Control Panel. It must have been on in the background. I have never had this problem with my other Aerosoft Airports.

Thanks for all your help. It is much appreciated.

Kind regards James.

I think the installer does advise you to disable AV software. We have so many issue where AV software thinks installers are viruses because they want to add files. The nasty thing is that when we complain that their software make our business hard they either do not respond or say its a decision the users makes. 

Mopperle I bought this add on through Just Flight. They have tested their own file and it installed successfully. My Anti-Virus was switched off Mathijs but it muxt have been still running in the background and Just Flight advised Un-installing it completely so that is why I used Safe Mode. I have bought two more of your Airports afterwards and they installed with no problems. Just Flghts Website has been blocked before by my Anti-Virus. It happens when customers send a false positive file for analysis that has been downloaded from their site.

They (Just Flight) have contacted the AV Company and complained on several occassions with satisfactory results.

Again thank you guy's so much for all the help and advice it is much appreciated.

Kind regards James.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived