[P3Dv4] Add-on screwed up runway lights

Er!k

Hi all,

I was just at Menorca Airport and now have these awful runway lights which were not there before. Do you know which file is taken for these lights? I don't think that is halo.bmp, but some effects maybe?

Please login to display this image.

Thanks!

Erik

• Developer

Hi Erik,

welcome to the new flightsim platform. There are always pros and cons on new platforms, when new engines are build and old code will be not anymore supported. What you know as runwaylights from FS9, based on full custom custom controlled halo based runwaylights, is not anymore possible in P3D.

There is only the default Afcad based non configurable standard runwaylights possible.

When you want a 3D runwaylights, where all is as at the real airport, like approach light following the terrain and so on, you have only the option to use the normal models with a "light" polygone. 

Effects you can forget, as the best hardware will stop working, when you place/attach 1000end of Effects.

Hi Oliver, thanks for the reply... I knoe there are some limitations but I feel they look different then when I installed the scenery. Do you some comparison shots?

To add on that the lights on default airports look fine to me? Why are they so big? Same issue with Malaga and the other Balearic Islands.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Er!k,

I Have posted about the same problem previously int the forum about this and put on a couple of screenshots.

When I installed the Scenery all the lights displayed normally,then they changed to the large

lights you are talking about,after the second load up of the Airport.

So I have to think there is some issue with the scenery.

Any other scenery I have installed is fine, regarding the lights displaying correctly.

Paul.

Archived