Night Environment product line removed from our stores

• Aerosoft

I am sorry to announce we have removed the Night Environment products from our download shops. The developer has changed his sales condition  and they now are now longer in agreement with EU law and also contradict our idea idea of handling customers (now only three months support and only paid support after that, plus sales only per simulator and not the one installer for all as we prefer for almost all products). Of course we will support our customers without additional charge.

We will supply the developer with a list of all keys we have used so he can offer customers updates if he chooses to do so. Please keep in mind that what you bought in our stores was software for FSX:SP2, FSX:STEAM and P3d V3, we did not sell a guarantee to an update in any form to P3d V4.

We are sorry a long standing relationship has come to an end and wish Chris all the best. 

vor 24 Minuten, darem sagte:

Having sales conditions that do not conform with EU law is walking on very thin ice, IMHO.

I don't have any idea what the support problem regarding EU law is ? Paid support ?

Even Aerosoft sells products at Simmarket, who do not offer any technical support. You have to contact the individual developers themselves for product support.

However, I was just interested getting P3Dv4 updates for my roughly 100 Euro purchases. Too bad it couldn't be sorted out from both sides  more customer friendly. Yes, of course I am aware, I have no right at all to get any update...

Still disappointing taking the unproblematic update handling of all my other Addon purchases into account.

Mike

• Aerosoft

I am sorry Mike, but you bought a product for the simulator you were using at that time. So you got what you paid for. 

The basic fact is that in the EU the seller has to guarantee the product for 12 months and that includes support. Asking an additional fee is simply not allowed, you have to include that in the sale price.  That would make the product on our shop a lot more expensive than on other shops who do not fully follow regulation or are located in areas where this is not required. Either way it would look bad for us. We are legally not allowed to share any customer data like email addresses with other people or companies without asking the customer for express permission. 

At Aerosoft we do take laws, certainly those protecting the customer's rights, very serious. In this case that is not advantageous for you unfortunately.

Archived