FSDG Holiday Airports 2

nhlking

Hi Aerosoft community,

is there a way to install Djerba and SSH from FSDG in the collection Holiday Airports 2 in P3D v4?

Best regards

Marcel

• Deputy Sheriffs

As with any other add-on, your can try the following methods and hope the scenery works. Just copy over an installation from another sim and add it to v4 via the Scenery Library, or see if the installer will work with v4. There's also the ".xml" approach for the strong of stomach, as described in forums such as this one on Avsim . Just do a search in the linked forum for ".xml" (the text including the dot inside the quotes") and you'll see how it works.

If and until it's stated on the Aerosoft Compatibility page as ready for P3D V4, if "successful," there are no guarantees it will work, and any issues won't receive support.

• Deputy Sheriffs

That's a different question. Aerosoft is currently reviewing all its 200+ projects regarding P3Dv4 compatibility and what needs to be done. To know what is coming up in the future, simply subscribe to the Compatibility List topic to get informed when there are any new announcements.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Is each airport in the collection on a separate installer? According to the expanded Compatibility list here, neither LGIR, LGTS, nor the Holiday Airports 2 are supported yet. There's every reason to think they will be and soon.

If you found a reliable source that LGIR and LGTS from the Holiday Airports Collection are in fact P3D v4 compatible, I'd appreciate your replying with a link so the information can be shared.

I have the same problem too. Aerosoft sold them in a bundle of 4 airports to us, but there is no follow up for any if just one or two airports have updated version. 

It should be like German Airports-2 2012 and German Airport-3  2012, once a new version of an airport is issued a separate file will be provided with a new installer.

Please kindly look into this matter.

Terry Tsui

• Deputy Sheriffs

hkterry, do keep in mind that Aerosoft is not the developer. They're dependent on the dev for future support, including any updates to support sims that didn't exist when the scenery was released.

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 hours ago, nhlking said:

No, the collection has only one full installer.

And for the other products:

http://forum.flightsimdevelopmentgroup.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2166

I can download the new installer from the order history.

I'm not clear now on the issue. I don't have the scenery, so I can't independently test for your concerns. Does the new installer update only two of the four airports? What indications are you seeing that Djerba and Sharm El Sheikh are not P3D v4 compatible?

All, Aerosoft is dependent on the developer for any update files, so they can only make available what was sent to them by the devs. If you follow any of the other add-ons where there are delays or late files provided to Aerosoft, you'll see this isn't limited to the Holiday Airports 2 software.

Hi Herman

I refer to #8 and #9 above. In fact the Djerba X and Sharm El-Sheikh 2012 which are also sold in separately have been updated to P3D V4 compatible.

Holiday Airports 2 which includes 4 airports namely Bari, Djerba, Larnca and Sharm El-Sheikh. Can those having Holiday Airports 2 customers will also have the privilege to get these updated version. 

Please clarify

vor 7 Stunden , nhlking sagte:

I can download the new installer from the order history.

Yup.

But there is one quirk. The directory into which the scenery is installed can't be changed. Like some others FSDG falsely assumes that using the add-on.xml method the actual files need to reside in the Document folders. Which is untrue. Only the xml needs to be there. The files can be wherever the user chooses. But their installer doesn't give you the option to choose.

Aggravating...

• Deputy Sheriffs
16 hours ago, Farlis said:

Yup.

But there is one quirk. The directory into which the scenery is installed can't be changed. Like some others FSDG falsely assumes that using the add-on.xml method the actual files need to reside in the Document folders. Which is untrue. Only the xml needs to be there. The files can be wherever the user chooses. But their installer doesn't give you the option to choose.

Aggravating...

That seems to be an FSDG decision that others dislike, as seen in your comment and the reply to it towards the end of the string in this link.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I'm sure you won't need to rebuy them. This developer so far has followed the lead of virtually all other developers in providing free updates to a P3D V3 product to work with v4. It just takes some time. It is an additional cost to them to modify a product that worked with the version of P3D that was current when the add-on was released, so their resource priorities may not be yours, but it will get done.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived