Night Environment Sceneries fuer P3D v4 ?

@AirbusCG

Let’s take a simple day to day analogy,

You paint your home; the painter came and did his job you are happy with that,

Next few days you move some furniture and find few spots needing touch ups, you call the painter he comes touches up for free,

a week later your new furniture is delivered and the guys delivering your new furniture scuffed up your new paint job,

What in your opinion what should happen next?

Now let’s continue pretending for the scenario sake…

Let assume the painter told you instead of charging you 20 for the job;

he will charge you only 15, but 5 out of that 15 goes towards two years’ worth of free scuff patching services as much as needed,

yet after that the free patching ends and you could if you needed; buy another year worth of free patching for another 5,

you could also opt to not go for the free patching program and save additional 5!

Now run the first part of this scenario and answer the same question again!

That is our new sales model in a nutshell,

vor 5 Stunden , Chris Bell sagte:

That is our new sales model in a nutshell,

Good morning,

well we are talking about a Hobby (FlightSim) not a business model (on customer side) where I do not need a big support from developer. "Software is running" so good for all, "software is not running" (no update), bad for developer, because I will not buy any further products. Support charges is like "Maintenance contract" as I know from other software I own (3D Landscape development) where it makes more sense to pay for special support, because I earn money with it, and need to have an support within 24h. But here (FlightSim), we are talking about a hobby (for 99% of the users).

Within NE, do I need to pay for every NE Country the support charge ? Paying an extra fee for NE France, NE Germany, NE Alps etc. ? So I pay more and more for that service. What about a pricing model, pay 9.99$ for support for all NE Countries, that would make more sense here.

vor 10 Stunden , Chris Bell sagte:

@wussa
why strange?

what is strange...

is to expect certain developers to freely support (in other word pay for) another developer development because "you" (the customer) elected to update to a new build!

if there are update required to be made to get our software to work after an update; you feel we shouldn't be compensated for our work?

you as a customer should embrace our approach!

if anything we are assuring "you" (the customer) receive proper service and fast updates ON TIME!

did you get Win Vista for free because you had Win XP installed before, maybe from Vista to Win 7, or to Win 8...?

or maybe office were nice to give the updated office version for Vista when you moved away from XP?

(we all did btw as Oliver mentioned above, that's taken for granted instead of being appreciated!!!)

maybe Microsoft or any other software development company out there also share similar strange business model?

Thats not was i wrote. As i wrote im ok with paying for platform upgrades e.g. P3Dv3 to P3Dv4 ot P3Dv5 like your example with Windows.

But P3Dv4 and P3Dv4.1 oder 4.2 are not platform changes for me its like Windows 8 and 8.1 its the same platform. So do i get free support for the platform i bought NE? Or do i have to pay the fee to get a running version if e.g P3Dv4.2 breaks your code?

Guys i would ask you to might move with these questions into Chris Forum as this is nothing about Aerosoft or our sold products - as Mathijs already sad we wont be able to sell such support plans.

Archived