Can I use Navigraph for my Data, but NavDataPro for my charts

Legal

Hi,

I just purchased Navigraph airac (Without Charts) and I was wondering if I could use NavDataPro charts instead of Navigraph charts. Are they the same? Or different?

I'm not sure if I'm understanding what you mean. NavDataPro and Navigraph are 2 different publishers and therefore different.

The AIRACs are mostly the same, I think there is a little bit of a difference regarding the coverage of small airfields.

The charts are different: The ones that come with NavDataPro are provided by Lufthansa Systems (LIDO) and the charts that come with Navigraph are Jeppesens (they are switching from LIDO format to Jeppesen right now, so at the moment both formats are accessable)

Generally speaking, a bunch of airlines in Europe use the LIDOs, the Jepps are used a lot in North America, although being relatively popular all over the globe. You should take a look at the format of these charts, as the information that the charts contain are very similar, just in a different order and visualized in a different way. So that's more of a preference thing. 

datguytho is correct.

Nice to hear that you're someone who refers to the charts when they fly... good move!

You shouldn't notice any nav data changes between your FMS data and your charts - it's required that the waypoint data be correct no matter who produces it - so mixing and matching between the two shouldn't pose any problems.  As I recall, one of the biggest differences between LIDO and Jeppesen charts is that Jeppesen keeps everything (all waypoints, landmasses, etc.) to scale where this OFTEN isn't exact on LIDO charts.

I've been wanting to try NavDataPro and the Aerosoft Charts for some time now, and I've only heard many, many terrific things about them!. I've just been busy with to many other flight sim related things, but I must remember to make an effort to do that.

Best wishes.

Thank you!

I mistakenly purchased the Navigraph Data 3 days before the cycle ends, so I'm just going to have go out and purchase the charts and data at once, as soon as the next cycle starts.

I appreciate your help!

• 2 months later...

I would like to add to this discussion.   I have Navagraph Charts, and get my Airracs from them as well, for FSX & P3D v4.  My FSX EDDF is fine.  But P3D v4 isn't.   When I try to pull up SID/STAR for EDDF, it doesn't read any info...can be on the ground at EDDF or KJFK.  And it only happens for EDDF..all other places are fine.  Using only PMDG aircraft and EDDF Aerosoft scenery.  I noticed the scenery included Nav Pro Data.   Never had it in FSX, so I assume that's the problem.  I've deleted Nav Pro Data, reinstalled Airracs, nothing.  Did I miss something somewhere?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Charts and Navdata got nothing to do with each other. So you can use whatever you want for your charts, paper, pdf-files, Navigraph or NavdataPro.

1 hour ago, atrailblazer said:

When I try to pull up SID/STAR for EDDF, it doesn't read any info...can be on the ground at EDDF or KJFK.  And it only happens for EDDF..all other places are fine.

I'm not sure what you mean. please explain a bit more in detail, maybe with screenshots. And Navdata got nothing to do with airport addons, They are sollely related to you aircraft and/or flightplanning tools.

In my FMC, when I PULL up SID/STAR, runway info for EDDF, nothing is there.  This is for P3D  v4.  The scenery is by Aerosoft.  In FSX, I have the same Aerosoft scenery for EDDF, except the P3D v4 comes with Nav Pro Data.   I wouldn't think 1 has anything to do with the other.  Will try to post screen shot, but it'll just be of the FMC showing no info for EDDF

vor 8 Stunden , atrailblazer sagte:

I would like to add to this discussion.   I have Navagraph Charts, and get my Airracs from them as well, for FSX & P3D v4.  My FSX EDDF is fine.  But P3D v4 isn't.   When I try to pull up SID/STAR for EDDF, it doesn't read any info...can be on the ground at EDDF or KJFK.  And it only happens for EDDF..all other places are fine.  Using only PMDG aircraft and EDDF Aerosoft scenery.  I noticed the scenery included Nav Pro Data.   Never had it in FSX, so I assume that's the problem.  I've deleted Nav Pro Data, reinstalled Airracs, nothing.  Did I miss something somewhere?

This is a known problem, and I also had it recently when I switched from Navigraph to NavDataPro: with my T7 PMDG aircraft there were no SID and STARS at EDDF using AIRAC 1710.

I solved the issue by deleting the arpt_rwy.dat file in the Prepar3d V4\PMDG\NavData folder. Once you load your PMDG aircraft (T7), the file will be recreated and then you should see our SID and STAR in your FMC. Make sure you make a backup of the file, just in case.

The reason why it works in FSX is of course because the PMDG aircraft uses its own arpt_rwy.dat file sitting in the FSX\PMDG\NavData folder.

Ok...will do.  Doing a flight on FSX now and won't allow both sims to run at the same time, so will let you know after I land in Denver.

Again...thanks

4 hours ago, Cargostorm said:

This is a known problem, and I also had it recently when I switched from Navigraph to NavDataPro: with my T7 PMDG aircraft there were no SID and STARS at EDDF using AIRAC 1710.

I solved the issue by deleting the arpt_rwy.dat file in the Prepar3d V4\PMDG\NavData folder. Once you load your PMDG aircraft (T7), the file will be recreated and then you should see our SID and STAR in your FMC. Make sure you make a backup of the file, just in case.

The reason why it works in FSX is of course because the PMDG aircraft uses its own arpt_rwy.dat file sitting in the FSX\PMDG\NavData folder.

Archived