Mega Airport OSLO with CRC and Windows error

Dear Aerosoft and fellow simmers,

With the arrival of P3Dv4 i purchased two nice airportsceneries: Bergen X and Mega Airport Oslo. Bergen X just installed smooth on my Windows 10 Home x64.

But then Oslo... oh dear. This is what i did and what happend:

1. Downloaded the Zip-package with DM5 and unzipped it with WINRAR to my Mega Airport Olso-map on my HDD;

2. Then i ran the [AS_MEGA-AIRPORT-OSLO-2.0_FSX-P3D-FSXSTEAM_V112.exe] file as administrator (although i already have admin rights);

3. Pointed out my v4 simulator within the installer;

4. On E:/ folder wich is my SSD for P3D only;

5. After that i get a review of  [Current Settings] as listed below:

Please login to display this image.

-> Notice the warning about SimConnect Installation wich can't be found. 

I'll come back to that later on....

6. Clicked [Next >] and let the installer do his work.

7. At the end i clicked finish and this what happends:

Translation: Can't open this installationpackage.

Check if the package exists and if you have acces to the package,

or contact the supplier of the program to check if the package is a valid Windows Installer-package. 

So i did the next steps:

A. Turned it into a Windows 7 or Windows 8 compatility within the properties; 

B. Downloaded it again (like 5 times) in case of corrupted files;

C. Check my admin rights (to be sure);

D. Disabled Anti-Virus software;

E. Checked Windows Update wich was already updated;

F. Tried to run the simConnect.msi file mentioned at point 5, but can't install because of another error listed below:

So, i sent a e-mail to Aerosoft and got the following reply:

Tom Weigandt (Aerosoft - Support Service)  Jul 18, 04:46 CEST

Dear Sir, we advise you to re-install the product using these steps:

1) remove the product using the Windows Software control panel (do not manually delete the program files)
2) do a disk check (right click on the drive, select properties, select tools, select check now)
3) reboot your computer
4) log in with administrative rights
5) disable the anti-virus software temporary
6) install the product
7) enable the anti-virus software
8) defragment your disk (NOT if you are using a SSD)

Kindest regards

I already did all this (besides the defgrament since i have SSD) and running out of options.
As for the CRC Error... this occured after i installed the scenery for the 5th time or so....
So picture below:

Maybe some programmers arround can help me and other people further.
Seems like a compatility problem to me, wich i don't understand. Because Bergen X worked for me on Windows 10.

With kind regards from The Netherlands

• Aerosoft

The error is pretty clear, the file you downloaded did not arrive correct. The best thing to do it to clear the browser cache and download again. The fact the file is unpacked at all is problematic though, we see that more often with winrar that tries to 'correct' errors. If I might make a suggestion, check out 7zip. It's simple, absolutely foolproof and never has issues like this.

Your error report is superb btw, if all would spend this amount of time, instead of just sending us mails like 'it does not work' without even mentioning the product, our life would be bliss! Thanks.

Hello Mathijs,

Thank you for the fast reply. And thanks for the compliment.

It's in my nature to be specific as possible when it comes to simulation software, lol.

Has something to do with the old Aces FSX, everless tweaking and balancing hardware (sarcasm alert).

I have followed your advice with downloading it with an empty cache and unzip it with 7-zip.

Unfortunatly the same error as mentioned at point 5 occured (valid Windows-package?).

Perhaps i'll wait for 24 hours and try to download it again?

Bergen X is awesome by the way.

Kind regards 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Some other suggestions:

• Try a download from the other non-USA mirror.
  • With regard to the SODE error, ensure SODE is registered with your sim. Just ask if you can't find the folder SODE is looking for, since it's usually hidden and the obvious non-hidden one is the wrong one.

Hello Herman and Mathijs,

@Herman, i checked 'SODE ACTIVE' to the green in the platformmanager. And downloading it from other locations such as USA, Germany or what ever doesn't work.

I get the following error while unzipping it with 7-Zip:

Translation:

1 D:\Mijn downloads\AS_MEGA-AIRPORT-OSLO-2.0_FSX-P3D-FSXSTEAM.zip

Head error.

Start of achive isn't confirmed.

Warning:

There is still some data after ending payload data.

CRC failed: Licence agreement Aerosoft SP.txt

@Mathijs Kok, i also got another reply of mister Tom from Aerosoft:

Tom Weigandt (Aerosoft - Support Service) Jul 19, 05:15 CEST

Dear Sir, regarding your CRC error, please do the following: 
Before you re-download it, make sure you delete the old download. Also turn off your antivirus during the download.
Another thing you could try is to clear temporary files.

So the only thing i didn't do is clear the temp files. That's because i can't find any.
Do you know wich location it installs and what the map or data is called?

Thank you in advance.
I appreciate your time and efforts in this problem.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Temporary files means usually your browser cache. How to do this depends on the browser you are using. Also you try to download from a different mirror

@mopperle Ah, well then i did everything to make the product work.

Just downloaded it again, after install the same error occured:

Hopefully i can get a refund and buy a other airfield. 

Or i send an e-mail and ask Aerosoft if they can ship the DVD (paying extra i think).

Thank you all for the advice and time you spend on my problem.

Greetings! 

• Deputy Sheriffs

To be honest, I do not see a reason for a refund. I just downloaded it (from the German mirror) and installed it without any problem. The fact that you also couldn't install simconnect, which is a core file of P3D and got nothing to do with aerosoft, shows clearly that there is a local problem on your machine. Therefore I also doubt that the DVD would be a solution.

When you tried to install simconnect, did you run the installer as Administrator? Did you turn off your virusscanner? Did you clear your browser cache (which browser?)?

This is what I get when Itest the zip file with 7-zip:

SOLVED!

I have been investigating the error wich was already displayed in the install summary of Oslo.

<--------

Trying to install this .msi file gave me two Windows errors (2502 and 2503). 

Then i did the following, with a short and long version. The long version explanes my investigation.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Short version:

A. First of all i gave myself the [C:\Windows\Temp] folder all admin rights via Properties > Security > Advanced > Chance Authorization > Add > Select a principal > Filled in the name of my account.

B. Gone all the way back to P3D > launched the p3d installer > hit  [Repair]

C. Got a error. Something like --> [Could not write value complete to Key:  \Products\009FC2F3734139F4A9FB708B8BE073AD\Features] (NOTE: this keynumber can be differend from yours) ;

D. Searced up this key with REGEDIT and found it. On my rig it was on the [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT > Installer > Features] directory;

E. Gave the whole ROOT map same authorization as described above , then deleted the key P3D was mentioning in his error;

F. Did another repair on P3D and voilá, no errors.

G. Then went to the Simconnect.msi in E:\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib > fired up the file and it installed without a error!

H. Finaly, it was Oslo's turn. Started the install and finished it without any errors!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Long version:

Searching Google on the 2502 and 2503 error brought me to this threat: http://winaero.com/blog/fix-msi-installer-errors-2502-and-2503-in-windows-10-windows-8-1-and-windows-7/

After done the permission options as seen in the threat, trying to install SimConnect gave me a completly other error.

Something like: --> [Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="67c7c14424d61b5b",type="win32",version="10.0.61259.0"]

But the 2502 and 2503 errors were gone!

With this error Google pointed me to the following topic: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=9589.0

So i tried to repair P3D as mentioned where another error came op. Something like --> [Could not write value complete to Key:  \Products\009FC2F3734139F4A9FB708B8BE073AD\Features]

My keynumber was different then i listed above (took it from internet) and the error told me to check if i had the adminrights or contact the supplier.

I noticed this error earlier when i installed P3Dv4 for the first time but skipped it and everything installed just fine.... i thought.

Afterall THIS was the reason why i could't install SimConnect AND why Oslo wouldn't install properly.

Googling this gave me the following threat in case of the write key error: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=120727

So i searched the file with the 'Regedit' command. On my rig it was on the [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT > Installer > Features] directory.

Did CTRL-F in Regedit and searched on the first 7 digits of the errorcode. Found it, gave myself authorization for the whole ROOT-map and deleted the key suggested in the error.

So, i launched P3D installer again for a repair and MY GOD, it finished without errors! Yippikajeee!

Now, time for SimConnect to fire up so i went to E:\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib and finaly SimConnect installed without any problems.

And last but not least.... MEGA AIPORT OSLO... wich installed without any errors. FINALY!

I'm happy, but don't ask me 'what' i deleted in the ROOT folder. I don't know what it was or what it did but it gave me a nice and clean install for P3D, SimConnect and Oslo.

After all it was an Windows problem like @mopperle pointed out. 

Hope i can help people with this and my apologies for adding a silly Windows issue lol.

Kind regards from The Netherlands 

Archived