Pitch Trim calculation in the Airbus

datguytho

Hello,

I would like to know how the Aerosoft Airbus calculates the pitch trim. 

In other words: When I type the values for pax, cargo, fuel and CG into the MCDU, will the Airbus then automatically calculate the correct pitch trim value for it, even if it is not displayed on the trim section? (i know that this is a current bug)

Or do I essentially need to select a loadsheet so that the Airbus knows which trim is correct? 

Will the Airbus calculate the value that would be created if you type it in the Fuel Planner?

I hope my question is understandable.

The fuel planner will calculate the pitch trim for you, based on fuel and payload weights. You can use this value to enter it into the MCDU on the take off performance page.

vor 1 hour , nealmac sagte:

The fuel planner will calculate the pitch trim for you, based on fuel and payload weights. You can use this value to enter it into the MCDU on the take off performance page.

I'm not talking about the performance page here. I mean the load page on the right MCDU. I want to know where the Airbus takes its information on the trim. Do you really need a loadsheet in order to get a trim or will it calculate the trim by itself after entering the values of pax, cargo, fuel and CG?

Ah ok, well yes, if you click on "generate loadsheet" and then load it into the right MCDU it will set the correct trim and centre of gravity, as per the fuel planner. I don't think it's possible to manually enter both of these values in the right MCDU.

Vor 1 Stunde, nealmac sagte:

Ah ok, well yes, if you click on "generate loadsheet" and then load it into the right MCDU it will set the correct trim and centre of gravity, as per the fuel planner. I don't think it's possible to manually enter both of these values in the right MCDU.

You can enter the CG but not the trim. My questions is: Will the Airbus calculate a valid trim depending on the payload without a loadsheet of the fuel planner?

Vor 1 Stunde, nealmac sagte: Ah ok, well yes, if you click on "generate loadsheet" and then load it into the right MCDU it will set the correct trim and centre of gravity, as per the fuel planner. I don't think it's possible to manually enter both of these values in the right MCDU.

You can enter the CG but not the trim. My questions is: Will the Airbus calculate a valid trim depending on the payload without a loadsheet of the fuel planner?

No. The aircraft itself cannot calculate the trim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But, will the Airbus feel and react like a real Airbus?

For example:

I load 0 Pax, 0 kg Cargo, 18 tons of fuel and a 34% CG into the Airbus (by typing in the values on the right MCDU, without fuel planner).

This payload would require a trim of DOWN 1.0. But the default trim that shows up in the right MCDU is UP 0.8.

Which value is now the correct one to trim the Airbus out? DN1.0 or UP0.8?

Of course in real life it would be DN1.0, but I'm not sure whether the Aerosoft Airbus really recognizes these impacts of weight.

Archived