Madeira X Evolution v1.05a bugs

mig

I am now testing v 1.05a with Fixes for Madeira 1-05a.zip (File updated 2017-7-19 2pm Zulu)

I run FSX SE.

Issue 2 (windmillss at LPPS): fixed

Issue 5: fixed: I have Airport name "Madeira Airport - Cristiano Ronaldo" 

Issue 4: partially fixed only: if I start at LPPS at night, the lighthouse near LPPS has a flashlight, but when I fly to Madeira the lighthouse there has no flashlight.

if I start at LPMA at night, the lighthouse near LPMA has a flashlight, but when I fly to LPPS the lighthouse there has no flashlight

Issue 6 (Truck): this appeared in v1.04 (I already reported this at the time). I do have it in 1.05a.

Issue 7: Porto Santo: I do have the weird water triangle, but I don't have the land triangle just off the beach.

Issue 8: LPPS disappearing runway texture: I don't have it.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, OPabst said:

No, please don't post content in the forum (or elsewhere), which is under copyright.

Sent it via email to support@aerosoft.com and request to send it to me and/or MKS.

The files I post here are official updates for testing with permission of the copyright holder ( here Aerosoft)

Email was sent!

Regards,

Luís

2 hours ago, Raymond66 said:

I am now testing v 1.05a with Fixes for Madeira 1-05a.zip (File updated 2017-7-19 2pm Zulu)

I run FSX SE.

Issue 2 (windmillss at LPPS): fixed

Issue 5: fixed: I have Airport name "Madeira Airport - Cristiano Ronaldo" 

Issue 4: partially fixed only: if I start at LPPS at night, the lighthouse near LPPS has a flashlight, but when I fly to Madeira the lighthouse there has no flashlight.

if I start at LPMA at night, the lighthouse near LPMA has a flashlight, but when I fly to LPPS the lighthouse there has no flashlight

Issue 6 (Truck): this appeared in v1.04 (I already reported this at the time). I do have it in 1.05a.

Issue 7: Porto Santo: I do have the weird water triangle, but I don't have the land triangle just off the beach.

Issue 8: LPPS disappearing runway texture: I don't have it.

Thank you for the feedback!

Maybe Issues 7 (land triangle) and issue 8 are Prepar3D v3 related?

Your problem regarding  issue 4 must be FSX SE related... It is working just fine in Prepar3D v3.

Regards,

Luís

I would like to say that the lighthouse on the Ilhéu de Cima (Porto Santo) is invisible from the main islannd and it should be on top of the Ilhéu de Cima islet. Maybe due to the mesh it is placed with a wrong elevation.

Check this pic:

Please login to display this image.

This is what we have (lighthouse not visible):

Video showing why the lighthouse is not visible from Porto Santo island:

Regards,

Luís

• Developer

Hi Luis,

it is nice that you seams to be local and bring your input for this product.

But, you forget the base we talking about: It's a flightsim product in a low price level (in relation to the market), addressing the airport of LPMA (LPPS is a free gift as it was part of a previous version). Aerosoft don't be able to provide you a 1:1 original island with all details you habe seen (hopefully) yourself there. The engine (all FS Versions) limits many parts. That effects (like the lighthouseflash) don't follow the mesh below, so that they are not visable sometimes, is such a thing, the developers, Aerosoft or I could not fix.

As long as no relevant issues to operate the airport will be reported, the Project will be closed now. 

Who wants more details of the island, feel free to contact Aerosoft, they make you an offer for a professional enhanced product. ;) 

• OPabst unlocked this topic
  • Deputy Sheriffs
vor 10 Stunden , OPabst sagte:

Hi Luis,

But, you forget the base we talking about: It's a flightsim product in a low price level (in relation to the market), addressing the airport of LPMA (LPPS is a free gift as it was part of a previous version). Aerosoft don't be able to provide you a 1:1 original island with all details you habe seen (hopefully) yourself there. The engine (all FS Versions) limits many parts. That effects (like the lighthouseflash) don't follow the mesh below, so that they are not visable sometimes, is such a thing, the developers, Aerosoft or I could not fix.

As long as no relevant issues to operate the airport will be reported, the Project will be closed now. 

Who wants more details of the island, feel free to contact Aerosoft, they make you an offer for a professional enhanced product. ;) 

Hey Oliver, that's true. At some point the project needs to be closed. I will further enhance the cvx and offer it via the forum. But one point should be officially adressed. Since the addon deactivates the default and other mesh addons it would be necessary that the Madeira addon delivers a complete mesh. There is still missing the mesh for Ilhéu do Farol. It is (not)visible during approach to Madeira.

The mesh file is cut off at that point.

It would also be a good idea if the mesh for Madeira could be sampled down to LOD12 instead of 10. In the old madeira x it was done. Even if the source is not as good, it would improve the mesh display with the narrow islands and the roughly coastlines.

support@aerosoft.com is informed.

Issue 4: seems fixed now. I have no idea why it wasn't fully working yesterday.

20 hours ago, OPabst said:

Before you close this project, here are the bugs I still have in Madeira X Evolution v1.05a (NB: I put the fixes you provided yesterday 19 July): PAPI and 3D lights problems in FSX SE:

- The PAPI lights fade, disappear, reappear during the day...

- During the night, the PAPI lights are OK...

- If, after the night, we select the day, the PAPI lights are buggy again, and the 3D lights at the airport are ON! The 3D lights go off if we get close to them...
- If we end the flight, then start a new flight in Madeira, the 3D lights at the airport remain ON during the day.
- For these 3D lights to be OFF during the day, we need to close then restart FSX SE!

Note: The bug of 3D lights remaining on during the day after the night occurs in both LPMA and LPPS.

Watch this video showing the above mentioned bugs: I hope this is helpful     watch in 1440p

• Deputy Sheriffs

Some update of my fixes:

I added a fix for issue 7 (land triangle). The cut in the aerial image is not possible to fix for me. I would need to add a new aerial image. But I don't have a legal source.

Some more things have been changed... check the other post.

On 19/07/2017 at 10:49 PM, OPabst said:

Hi Luis,

I think I have a minimum sufficient base knowledge... That's why, during this topic, I have never demanded anything. As you should surely understand I am no software developer... I don't know not and certainly am not obliged to know if a specific problem/bug is a hard one to fix or solve. IMHO my role as a customer is to provide feedback about the products I have bought in order to fix some of the issues that make them incomplete or not working as it should. In this particular case, the most relevant aspect that needs work is Ponta de São Lourenço and Ihéu do Farol. Almost every approach to LPMA is done over it so a bad representation of this part of the island is a major thumbs down.

Other thing I would like to point out is that (personal view) the Madeira X Evolution is seen as an evolution to the Old Madeira X scenery and although it got some really great improvements it's expected that all the great working aspects of the old scenery could be ported down to thew new one. No point on improving some details and "downgrading" others that were working great (e.g. Issue 8: LPPS disappearing runway texture - maybe Prepar3D v3 specific though).

Regarding LPPS, MKStudios had, at some point, the intention to release a full LPPS scenery to complement Madeira X Evo. Can you or MKStudios confirm this in anyway?

Your 1:1 original island comment was so funny that made me laugh :lol:. Not being sarcastic it really did.

Regards,

Luís

Hi Oliver,

Could you please look at my post #32 ? I finally had time yesterday to provide evidence with a video.

Earlier in the week I mentioned this without evidence (I was busy), and was told to provide evidence, which is now done. 

Am I the only one to have these PAPI lights issues, and the 3D lights remaining on during the day after the night?

Thank you.

5 hours ago, masterhawk said:

Some update of my fixes:

I added a fix for issue 7 (land triangle). The cut in the aerial image is not possible to fix for me. I would need to add a new aerial image. But I don't have a legal source.

Some more things have been changed... check the other post.

Will test your mesh fixes ASAP and then report. Thank you!

Regards,

Luís

Quick update.

The land triangle at LPPS shoreline problems at LPPS and at LPMA (ponta de São Lourenço) were caused by ORBX/FTX_VECTOR/FTX_VECTOR_CVX/scenery file extensions beginning with 4320. After the last FTX Central update they have become active so they were manually deactivated.

I am not suffering from the PAPI and pole lights at LPMA airport issues reported by Raymond6 (must be FSX SE specific).

Active issues:

Issue 8: LPPS disappearing runway texture (Prepar3D v3?)

Raymond66 Issues: PAPI lights issues, and the 3D lights remaining on during the day after the night (FSX SE?)

Regards,

Luís

PS: @masterhawk The fixes worked just fine. Thanks you for sharing your work. Only Issue i have found was that the added islets become flat at a certain distance and we can only have the mesh at a relative close distance (not a big deal). Are you able to manually edit the mesh height of Ilhéu de Cima at LPPS in order to see the lighthouse from the main island?

38 minutes ago, Flightplayer said:

Am I the only one who still has some flat mesh on Ponta de São Lourenço after applying the fixes?

No, I have too. When departing runway 5 then at some mid point between lpma and ponta s lourenço the mesh get's flat. I'm using MS FSX and v1.05a

21 minutes ago, cteixeira said:

No, I have too. When departing runway 5 then at some mid point between lpma and ponta s lourenço the mesh get's flat. I'm using MS FSX and v1.05a

I'm in P3D v3 and got the same results...

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 3 Stunden , Flightplayer sagte:

Am I the only one who still has some flat mesh on Ponta de São Lourenço after applying the fixes?

vor 3 Stunden , cteixeira sagte:

Hi, if you talk about my fixes, that shouldn't happen, because there is no more mesh editing by me at that end since v3. Check if there is still a file from v1 or v2 present. The obsolete file should be something with "ilheu do farol".

There is no mesh present in 1.05a for ilheu do farol. My mesh addon for that island had negative effects for the rest of ponta s laurenço. Here is a new mesh for the whole island of Madeira required. I tried different sources, but all my meshes had problems next to airport. I don't know the source of @MK-Studios, and what settings they used. We have to wait for a update by them.

I tried the old mesh from Madeira x, but it doesn't fit at the airport and surroundings.

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 4 Stunden , mig sagte:

Quick update.

The land triangle at LPPS shoreline problems at LPPS and at LPMA (ponta de São Lourenço) were caused by ORBX/FTX_VECTOR/FTX_VECTOR_CVX/scenery file extensions beginning with 4320. After the last FTX Central update they have become active so they were manually deactivated.

I am not suffering from the PAPI and pole lights at LPMA airport issues reported by Raymond6 (must be FSX SE specific).

Active issues:

Issue 8: LPPS disappearing runway texture (Prepar3D v3?)

Raymond66 Issues: PAPI lights issues, and the 3D lights remaining on during the day after the night (FSX SE?)

Regards,

Luís

PS: @masterhawk The fixes worked just fine. Thanks you for sharing your work. Only Issue i have found was that the added islets become flat at a certain distance and we can only have the mesh at a relative close distance (not a big deal). Are you able to manually edit the mesh height of Ilhéu de Cima at LPPS in order to see the lighthouse from the main island?

Hi, I can try to change the LOD from 4-12 to 2-12 to get rid of the popping islands, but I think that won't help, because the small footprint of the islands.

Any changes to cima, farol or cenouras will have side effects to the main islands, because they are to close. I don't know why, but it's happening.

Maybe in a few days/weeks there will be some aerial addons for the newly added islands and the triangle error on wellknown freeware sites.

53 minutes ago, masterhawk said:

Hi, if you talk about my fixes, that shouldn't happen, because there is no more mesh editing by me at that end since v3. Check if there is still a file from v1 or v2 present. The obsolete file should be something with "ilheu do farol".

There is no mesh present in 1.05a for ilheu do farol. My mesh addon for that island had negative effects for the rest of ponta s laurenço. Here is a new mesh for the whole island of Madeira required. I tried different sources, but all my meshes had problems next to airport. I don't know the source of @MK-Studios, and what settings they used. We have to wait for a update by them.

I tried the old mesh from Madeira x, but it doesn't fit at the airport and surroundings.

53 minutes ago, masterhawk said:

Can you write here the name of the bgl's previous versions? Can't remember if installed the new ones without deleting the previous ones, thanks

1 hour ago, masterhawk said:

... I tried the old mesh from Madeira x, but it doesn't fit at the airport and surroundings.

That's not good to know... :unsure:

4 hours ago, Flightplayer said:

4 hours ago, cteixeira said:

3 hours ago, Flightplayer said:

I'm in P3D v3 and got the same results...

Are you guys seeing Ponta de São Lourenço as me?

Regards,

Luís

1 hour ago, masterhawk said:

Any changes to cima, farol or cenouras will have side effects to the main islands, because they are to close. I don't know why, but it's happening.

Damn! :banghead1_s:

vor 11 Stunden , masterhawk sagte:

removed from madeiraxevolution\scenery the file lpma_terrain_missinglod11 by Bob.bgl, and now it looks better. (regarding the flat mesh)

thanks

• 1 month later...

I purchased Madeira X Evolution last week and have spent days trying to get it to display properly. My computer specs are more than acceptable. That is why I am on this forum, trying to get some answers.  I used the MirrorUSA to download my copy of the program which took only 7 min. compared to the others at over 7 hours.  Has anyone else used the files on the USA Mirror to verify their useability.  I used the fix.zip file on this site by one of the developers, Opabst,  and I can see some things changed but my original problems are still there as you can see in the screenshot taken today.  I am running both FSX Acceleration and Steam FSX-SE and tried them both with the same results.  However I only tried the fix in the Acceleration version in the picture below. Since 1976 I have been involved with Flight Simulation back in the days of BAO, Bruce Artwick and subLOGIC on the Apple ll before Microsoft bought out Bruce.  Yes I am an old codger and been deeply involved with flight simulation ever since. So although not a programmer I can do most everything else necessary.  Can anyone give me a hint what needs to be done to fix what you see in the screenshot of FSX.  Thanks, fisheye

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 6 Stunden , fisheye sagte:

I purchased Madeira X Evolution last week and have spent days trying to get it to display properly. My computer specs are more than acceptable. That is why I am on this forum, trying to get some answers.  I used the MirrorUSA to download my copy of the program which took only 7 min. compared to the others at over 7 hours.  Has anyone else used the files on the USA Mirror to verify their useability.  I used the fix.zip file on this site by one of the developers, Opabst,  and I can see some things changed but my original problems are still there as you can see in the screenshot taken today.  I am running both FSX Acceleration and Steam FSX-SE and tried them both with the same results.  However I only tried the fix in the Acceleration version in the picture below. Since 1976 I have been involved with Flight Simulation back in the days of BAO, Bruce Artwick and subLOGIC on the Apple ll before Microsoft bought out Bruce.  Yes I am an old codger and been deeply involved with flight simulation ever since. So although not a programmer I can do most everything else necessary.  Can anyone give me a hint what needs to be done to fix what you see in the screenshot of FSX.  Thanks, fisheye

Hi, what installer version are you using? The latest is 1.05(the "a" is important, because 1.05 was very buggy).

Do you also use ORBX Vector?

Did you run the installer as admin?

Is there any other addon with an AFCAD for LPMA (MyTraffic)?

Please also check this posting:

Archived