Madeira X Evolution v1.05a bugs

mig

Glad v1.05a is out but I want to share some issues I am having with the scenery.

First here is my basic setup description: Win 10 x64 + Prepar3D v3.4.22.19868 + FTX Global BASE Pack + FTX Global VECTOR + FTX Global openLC Europe + FTX Global openLC North America + FS Global 2010 FTX Edition+ Aerosoft Madeira X evolution v1.05a + FSDreamTeam GSX.

Issue 1: After launching Prepar3D v3 and starting a flight at LPMA at dusk/night the runway and taxi lights will display correctly. However if I start a flight let's say at LPPS when I arrive at LPMA the taxiway and runway lights are extremely dim. In order to restore the lights I need to close Prepar3D and relaunch it and then start a new flight at LPMA.

Check the following YouTube video (it's not edited sorry for that):

Issue 2: It's an old one actually. If you start a flight out of Porto Santo (LPPS), no matter what, one will not have windmills. In order to display the windmills you need to first load your flight at LPMA (Madeira) and then switch back to Porto Santo (LPPS).

Issue 3: It's another old one. There are some important islets flat (no elevation). e.g. "Ilhéu da Fonte da Areia" Islet  and "Ponta de São Lourenço" islet.

Issue 4: Yet another old one. Lack of working lighthouses at Madeira and Porto Santo.

Issue 5: Old one as well but not that important... LPMA airport name is incorrect. The actual name is Madeira Airport - Cristiano Ronaldo.

Please check this thread for further info regarding Issues 2, 3, 4 and 5.

Regards,

Luís

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if I am having the desired results! Can you please some screenshots of the added mesh? Thanks in advance.

Here are mine:

Please login to display this image.

Regards,

Luís

It's disappointing that issue 2 It's an old one actually. If you start a flight out of Porto Santo (LPPS), no matter what, one will not have windmills. In order to display the windmills you need to first load your flight at LPMA (Madeira) and then switch back to Porto Santo (LPPS).

is back in v1.05a, as we both reported that for v1.04 in this post:

• Developer

I will check the Issues 1,2,4 and 5 tomorrow.

The runwaylights are a normal Object, but it is possible that the P3D V3 has in issue with the Z Buffering against the special ground. I hope, i can reproduce it.

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 4 Stunden , mig sagte:

Not sure if I am having the desired results! Can you please some screenshots of the added mesh? Thanks in advance.

Here are mine:

Regards,

Luís

I have the same results. SRTM does not offer more. I know that reality does look different.

3 hours ago, OPabst said:

I will check the Issues 1,2,4 and 5 tomorrow.

The runwaylights are a normal Object, but it is possible that the P3D V3 has in issue with the Z Buffering against the special ground. I hope, i can reproduce it.

Thanks for the support! This is the most advanced Madeira scenery for flight simulator ever. And Issues 2, 3 partially (Ponta de São Lourenço was ok but Ilhéu da fonte da Areia was flat) and 4 worked with the previous Madeira scenery. It would be great if you could make this to work with Evolution.

58 minutes ago, masterhawk said:

I have the same results. SRTM does not offer more. I know that reality does look different.

Indeed quite different (thanks for your effort and contribute though)... If the developer could take care of issue 3 also that would be very nice. :rolleyes: Both are important landmarks for approaches on the respective airports.

Ponta de São Lourenço IRL:

Ilhéu da Fonte da Areia IRL:

Regards,

Luís

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 14 Stunden , mig sagte:

Thanks for the support! This is the most advanced Madeira scenery for flight simulator ever. And Issues 2, 3 partially (Ponta de São Lourenço was ok but Ilhéu da fonte da Areia was flat) and 4 worked with the previous Madeira scenery. It would be great if you could make this to work with Evolution.

Indeed quite different (thanks for your effort and contribute though)... If the developer could take care of issue 3 also that would be very nice. :rolleyes: Both are important landmarks for approaches on the respective airports.

Ponta de São Lourenço IRL:

Ilhéu da Fonte da Areia IRL:

Regards,

Luís

The problem is, that there is no quality data available. Maybe the new 10m mesh from Airbus or Intermap, but that is expensive.

To receive proper visuals, you have to edit the data by hand with a GIS tool, or make a 3D model. But that is something that maybe an other forum member (are there any GIS or 3D experts?) or @MK-Studios can do. That's far out of my skills.

• Developer

Fixes for Maderia EVO Version 1.05a
------------------------------------

You need to have Aerosoft Maderia EVO in Version 1.05a installed, before you use this fixes!

The Fix in the Sub-Directories are only for the FS Version you see in the Foldername:

FSX-FSX-SE Only: Only use for Mircosoft FSX or Davetail FSX:SE (Steamedition)
P3D V3 Only: Only use for Lockheed Martin P3D Version V3.4.x
P3D V4 Only: Only use for Lockheed Martin P3D Version V4 Hotfix 1

Don't install the Fixes in the wrong FS Version, the files are not the same.

The Structure below the FS Version is simular to how the Installer creates the Products,
so you should be able to the files to the related Subdirectories and replace the original once.

Following changes are done:

Only in P3D Version 3.x:
- Runwaylights now working, if fly into the Airport from outside (like LPPS) - it's Issue 1
  (FSX or P3D V4 not effected from this issue)

For all Version:

- Windmills in Maderia and Porto Santo seperated, so they are shown, when Flight starts there - it's Issue 2

- Lighthouses in Maderia and Porto Santo get's Custom Objects from previous Maderia X Version and Flashlights now - it's Issue 4
- Airportname in Afcad changed to "Madeira Airport - Cristiano Ronaldo" - it's Issue 5
- Afcad of LPPS in all Versions compiled with FSX SDK, otherwise maybe tool reading the Afcad not work korrect (like GSX or AFX)

Your Issue 3 (Mesh) is not my part and could not be done better, without other Meshsource as discussed. So no issue.

Please give me sasp a feedback, if this fix it, then I can send them to Aerosoft to add this fixes to the Installer 1.05a

File updated 2017-7-19 2pm Zulu

Fixes for Madeira 1-05a.zip

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 16 Minuten, OPabst sagte:

You need to have Aerosoft Maderia EVO in Version 1.05a installed, before you use this fixes!

The Fix in the Sub-Directories are only for the FS Version you see in the Foldername:

The Structure below the FS Version is simular to how the Installer creates the Products,
so you should be able to the files to the related Subdirectories and replace the original once.

Only in P3D Version 3.x:
- Runwaylights now working, if fly into the Airport from outside (like LPPS) - it's Issue 1

For all Version:

- Windmills in Maderia and Porto Santo seperated, so they are shown, when Flight starts there - it's Issue 2

- Lighthouses in Maderia and Porto Santo get's Flashlights now - it's Issue 4
- Airportname in Afcad changed to "Madeira Airport - Cristiano Ronaldo" - it's Issue 5
- Afcad of LPPS in all Versions compiled with FSX SDK, otherwise maybe tool reading the Afcad not work korrect (like GSX or AFX)

Your Issue 3 (Mesh) is not my part and could not be done better, without other Meshsource as discussed. So no issue.

Please give me sasp a feedback, if this fix it, then I can send them to Aerosoft to add this fixes to the Installer 1.05a

Hi Oliver, great service. I will release two more fixes (mesh and cvx) today or tomorrow. If it's ok, they can also be implemented into 1.06. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello, I release some more fixes (they should adress issue 3, but with limitations as discussed):

fixed coastline issues
    - added Ilhéu de Fora (Porto Santo)

- added Baixa do Meio (Porto Santo)

- added Baixa dos Barbeiros (Porto Santo)

- reworked beach from Cabeco Da Ponta to Vila Baleira (Porto Santo) partly issue 7
    - reworked Ilhéu da Fonte da Areia (Porto Santo)

- reworked Ilhéu do Farol (Madeira)
fixed mesh issues
    - new highres (10m) mesh for ProtoSanto (source and permission by "Governo Regional da Madeira")

- new hihgres (5m) mesh for Ilhas Desertas (source and permission by "Governo Regional da Madeira")

- added mesh (30m) for Ilheu do Farol (source ASTER 1arc SRTM)

texture issue

- fixed truck on texture issue 6

updated waterclass (optional)
 updated landclass

If you don't like the new waterclass, just disable the WC_4320.bgl

Mesh, CVX and texture fixes v5.rar (updated 30.09.17 second)

ATTENTION, HELP NEEDED!!

Unfortunatly currently the PortoSanto Mesh is not compatible with LPPS. Therefor in my fix is only the eastern and western part updated.

The center is untouched. Anybody out there, who knows how to edit the source file (tif)?

Maybe someone can create a sloped runway for LPPS? There is a difference from 103m to 73m.

This is the complete mesh for testing:

Elevation_Data_PortoSanto.bgl   (source and permission by "Governo Regional da Madeira")

8 hours ago, OPabst said:

Only in P3D Version 3.x:

For all Version:

- Lighthouses in Maderia and Porto Santo get's Flashlights now - it's Issue 4

Top notch customer support!

Regarding issue 3. The previous Madeira X scenario (http://www.aerosoft.com/en/fsxp3d/flight-simulator-x/sceneries/1673/scenery-madeira) had proper mesh data for Ponta de São Lourenço (lhéu da Fonte da Areia (LPPS) was missing though). Is it possible to use the Ponta de São Lourenço Mesh data from the previous version and use it into Evolution? Just asking... ;)

32 minutes ago, masterhawk said:

Hello, I release some more fixes. This is an all in one of my fixes. Please delete the files from my post there, if you installed them:

Now the new fixes (they should adress issue 3, but with limitations as discussed):

fixed coastline issues
    - added Ilhéu de Fora (Porto Santo)
    - reworked Ilhéu do Farol (Madeira)
fixed mesh issues
    - reworled Ilhéu de Fora (Porta Santo)
    - added Ilhéu do Farol (Madeira)
 updated waterclass (optional)
 updated landclass

One file of the original install will be replaced. So make a backup of the CVX_MADEIRA.BGL

If you don't like the new waterclass, just disable the WC_4320.bgl

Mesh and CVX fixes.zip

Please, give some feedback.

@OPabst If all is fine, you can send them to aerosoft. I will test your fixes tommorow.

Update:

There is a problem with the meshfile for

Ilhéu de Fora (Porta Santo)
   Ilhéu do Farol (Madeira)

I provide tommorow a update.

Will wait for the update then. Thanks for sharing!

Regards,

Luís

11 hours ago, OPabst said:

Issue 1 (v3.x related): is fixed!

Issue 2: is fixed!

Issue 3: After the fix it got worst! And I am clueless on why since I am not using any third party mesh or mesh fix with the exception of FS Global 2010 FTX Edition. Please check my previous reply regarding the old Madeira scenery (Madeira X).

Issue 4: is fixed!

Issue 5: not fixed! Since you have mentioned a fix about the AFCAD (glad you fixed I guess... B)) maybe we are not talking about the same thing. Here is what I was saying about the wrong name.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

New Issues

Issue 6: There is a weird printed truck texture on the LPMA slope side to the runway. An old one actually... and was reported in the past on other forum topic.

Issue 7: Porto Santo land triangle just off the beach and weird water triangle. Both nonexistent in real live.

Issue 8: LPPS disappearing runway texture.

Regards,

Luís

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 2 Stunden , mig sagte:

Issue 1 (v3.x related): is fixed!

Issue 2: is fixed!

Issue 3: After the fix it got worst! And I am clueless on why since I am not using any third party mesh or mesh fix with the exception of FS Global 2010 FTX Edition. Please check my previous reply regarding the old Madeira scenery (Madeira X).

Issue 4: is fixed!

Issue 5: not fixed! Since you have mentioned a fix about the AFCAD (glad you fixed I guess... B)) maybe we are not talking about the same thing. Here is what I was saying about the wrong name.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

New Issues

Issue 6: There is a weird printed truck texture on the LPMA slope side to the runway. An old one actually... and was reported in the past on other forum topic.

Issue 7: Porto Santo land triangle just off the beach and weird water triangle. Both nonexistent in real live.

Issue 8: LPPS disappearing runway texture.

Regards,

Luís

Hi as said, I'm investigating issue 3. 

Issue 6 is a truck in the photoreal of the slope.

Issue 7 could be a waterbody error and one error in the ("cut") in the photoreal.

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 6 Stunden , mig sagte:

Top notch customer support!

Regarding issue 3. The previous Madeira X scenario (http://www.aerosoft.com/en/fsxp3d/flight-simulator-x/sceneries/1673/scenery-madeira) had proper mesh data for Ponta de São Lourenço (lhéu da Fonte da Areia (LPPS) was missing though). Is it possible to use the Ponta de São Lourenço Mesh data from the previous version and use it into Evolution? Just asking... ;)

Will wait for the update then. Thanks for sharing!

Regards,

Luís

It would be great if the old mesh and custom lighthouse could be integrated. But that is something @MK-Studios have to clear with aerosoft (@Mathijs Kok).

9 hours ago, masterhawk said:

Hi as said, I'm investigating issue 3. 

Issue 6 is a truck in the photoreal of the slope.

Issue 7 could be a waterbody error and one error in the ("cut") in the photoreal.

But is it hard to fix Issue 6? Issue 7 could be more difficult to track... But I am just guessing. The water triangle I already had but the land triangle is new as a result of the fix.

I'll wait for Dev feedback regarding issue 8. Are you experiencing the same?

Regards,

Luís

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 1 minute, mig sagte:

But is it hard to fix Issue 6? Issue 7 could be more difficult to track... But I am just guessing. The water triangle I already had but the land triangle is new as a result of the fix.

I'll wait for Dev feedback regarding issue 8. Are you experiencing the same?

Regards,

Luís

Hi, give me more info about the location for issue 7. I will check this evening.

For issue 6 you have to edit lpma004.dds with photoshop.

• Developer

I have just replace the the ZIP file in the previous post:

- Now the Lighthouses gets the custom Objects back from Maderia X build by Peter Werlitz

- All Lighthouse gets small flattens below at the altitude the Mesh has (or should have), so the effects better get the position.

- The Name of the Airport is now correct displayed, as the FS will read the name in the ALT file of the Airport in the scenery\world\scenery folder and not of the Addon Afcad itself.

And please keep the discussion about the Meshfixes from Masterhawk seperate for the disussion about my Fixes.

1 hour ago, OPabst said:

I have just replace the the ZIP file in the previous post:

- Now the Lighthouses gets the custom Objects back from Maderia X build by Peter Werlitz

- All Lighthouse gets small flattens below at the altitude the Mesh has (or should have), so the effects better get the position.

- The Name of the Airport is now correct displayed, as the FS will read the name in the ALT file of the Airport in the scenery\world\scenery folder and not of the Addon Afcad itself.

And please keep the discussion about the Meshfixes from Masterhawk seperate for the disussion about my Fixes.

At my end (Prepar3D v3) issues 1, 2, 4 and 5 are solved with your latest version fixes.

Regards,

Luís

8 minutes ago, Raymond66 said:

I am confused... Is it Fixes for Madeira 1-05a.zip you replaced?

On 18/07/2017 at 2:02 PM, OPabst said:

File updated 2017-7-19 2pm Zulu

Yes that is correct!

Regards,

Luís

2 hours ago, masterhawk said:

Hi, give me more info about the location for issue 7. I will check this evening.

For issue 6 you have to edit lpma004.dds with photoshop.

Please check the given screenshot:

I have edited lpma004.dds successfully and I am free of that annoying truck. Thanks for pointing me the file. Issue 6 is fixed! I don't know if I am allowed to share the edited file due to copyright or other legal issues. If I can I will post the edited file. It is working, at least,  with PreparD v3.

Truck is no more. ;)

Regards,

Luís

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 2 Stunden , mig sagte:

Please check the given screenshot:

I have edited lpma004.dds successfully and I am free of that annoying truck. Thanks for pointing me the file. Issue 6 is fixed! I don't know if I am allowed to share the edited file due to copyright or other legal issues. If I can I will post the edited file. It is working, at least,  with PreparD v3.

Truck is no more. ;)

Regards,

Luís

You can post it in this forum. Edit: no

• Developer
vor 3 Minuten, masterhawk sagte:

You can post it in this forum.

No, please don't post content in the forum (or elsewhere), which is under copyright.

Sent it via email to support@aerosoft.com and request to send it to me and/or MKS.

The files I post here are official updates for testing with permission of the copyright holder ( here Aerosoft)

• OPabst unlocked this topic

Archived