Mega Airport Frankfurt 2.0 (V2.11) - Approach 07L too low

StefanA

Hello together,

each time when I'm cleared to ILS approach 07L (unfortunately all the last times I remember), I'm instructed to descent to 1800 feet (!), that's really not a very good idea for a B747-400, the GPWS wouldn't like that. Additional I've the impression, that the descent out of FL370 starts too late. I've the impression that I need a helicopter to land or to throw down the B747 like a stone. Reducing speed in a normal way of approach procedure isn't possible. It's standard FSX ATC and I never had it with EDDF V1. Last flight, even IFR was cancelled because of the stupid descent profile (I guess), didn't experience that in the past too. Same problems with Level-D B767-300 approaches. From "25" side I remember to be cleared to 4000 which is fine.

Does anybody have similar problems?

Route KBFI - EDDF: (initially planned for 25L because of forecast, but with 0 wind during approach ATC assigned 07L)

YDC DCT 8N DCT YSF DCT YXN DCT YXP DCT METIL DCT OBA DCT TD DCT TOLSA DCT SPY DCT UNKAR UT149 OTSOP DCT LIPMI DCT ROLIS ROLI1B

Perhaps there's another reason. Temporary used MCE and PF3, but not during these last flights (standard ATC). But why did it work really fine with EDDF V1 on the other hand?

• Deputy Sheriffs

All you are talking about got nothing to do with Mega Airport EDDF.  A scenery doesnt contain any procedures for landing or take off. Those procedures are part of the navdatabase your aircraft comes with. When flying with a heavy like the 747 it is always good to check charts for variuos possible procedures.

And using standard FSX ATC in combination with addons is the badest choice you can take. FSX ATC is based on data meanwhile far over 10 years old.

Archived