How can I force Trondheim in winter setting?

I would like too see how Trondheim looks in winter setting. How can I get it all snowed in?

Yesterday I choose winter time and winter weather theme in p3dv3 and Ftx Norway showed all white. Trondheim and surrounding still was in summer.

(Although from Orbx I have the same point with LOWI.)

Thanks.

Maikel Rozemeijer. NL

It is checked. Also the 'use sode' and that is found... BUT... when I switched that off I could manually choose the season so that did the trick. :) Didn't looked at it that long during installation yesterday. Thanks.

Tried with sode 'on' yesterday to find a snow weather day with active sky but didn't find more then cold weather so maybe that was the problem then.

• Developer

The models at Vaernes switch seasons depending on the month of year, with FTX norway installed the winter variations of the models are loaded in January and February, since that's the two months ORBX chose as "winter" months for that region.

If you select a month other than these and change the weather to snowy the land-class textures around the airport will change since this switch is hard-coded into the graphics engine, but 3D-models will not.

So I recommended you to change the months of year to either January or February, and not only the weather itself. :) 

Thanks Jo,

Yesterday I indeed had the airport in snow and the wide surrounding, but not the close surrounding with I believe is part of the product.

Choosing winter time in P3D sets the month to December. Now I changed it into Januari and all (airport, close and fare surrounding) is winter snow now. I gonna enjoy it now, and in two days is should be 25c+ here in Holland. ;-)

Thanks again.

Maikel.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived