Error Downloading Aerosoft Extended A320-A321

I'm having a problem downloading Aerosoft,im getting always getting the same results.I always get this error message when I try to load up the installation:Error Code:    -5006 : 0x8007007b
Error Information:
>SetupNew\setup.cpp (597)
PAPP:Airbus A320-A321
PVENDOR:Aerosoft (http://www.aerosoft.com)
PGUID:1EA71A39-F8C8-4D9B-9815-AC7CAABEC99D
$16.0.0.435PAK
@Windows 7 / Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 0 (9200) 
IE Version: 9.11.15063.0

I tried everything from,restarting my computer,downloading a new one,and running as admin.Please help and reply.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Have you extracted the setup executable from the ZIP file before starting it? 

You should also start it as administrator (right click the exe file, then "run as administrator") 

• Aerosoft

Just to be 100% sure we are talking about the same thing. You say you have problems downloading but after that it seems to be about about installing.

The 0x8007007b error indicates a process that that is expected to run is not running. So when the installer tries to access something it simply is not there. We seen this happen often with people who tried to optimize their systems by disabling services.

I ran as admin on the .exe and extracted the setup from the ZIP file.

11 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Just to be 100% sure we are talking about the same thing. You say you have problems downloading but after that it seems to be about about installing.

The 0x8007007b error indicates a process that that is expected to run is not running. So when the installer tries to access something it simply is not there. We seen this happen often with people who tried to optimize their systems by disabling services.

After I choose my language and the installer boots up the error message pops up.

• Deputy Sheriffs

When you google for this error there are tons of possible reasons. Very rarely it is the file itself but the environment on your PC.

I suggest the following:

- delete the file, clear your browser cache and download it from another mirror

- if that doesnt help, make sure your Windows is uptodate including all drivers

- turn off your antivirusprogram

- check Goggle for other possible solutions

3 hours ago, mopperle said:

When you google for this error there are tons of possible reasons. Very rarely it is the file itself but the environment on your PC.

I suggest the following:

Thanks,I will try it.

3 hours ago, mopperle said:

I suggest the following:

I deleted the file and cleared my browser cache,all of my drivers are all up to date,turned off my anti virus program,and checked google for any solutions but all of them did NOT help with the error what so ever.I'm really mad and thinking about asking Aerosoft for a refund.My only solution now is too email Aerosoft and cross my fingers.If you have any more solutions that you may have please share.

I'm hoping it's not, but it could be that you have some missing or corrupt Windows System Files.

I would suggest running the Windows System File Checker (see link below).  I've done this before and never had any adverse result, and while I don't believe doing this would result in any Registry or other changes that would affect any of your present installations (it supposed to only affect Windows System files which shouldn't affect anything else) I'll caution you about this merely our of an abundance of caution.  I'm betting that Tom or one of the other guys might know more about it than I do. 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

Best wishes.

• Aerosoft

You can ask us for a refund but we'll decline that I am afraid. See there is nothing wrong with the file, it is the same installer that works on tens of thousands of systems and not on yours. I think you will agree that that points towards a issue on your system and not with the file. The file is fine, your system is not. That is your responsibility and not ours.  I am sure you won't agree with that, but if you take a moment and see that it is impossible there is something wrong with the installer.

As others have said there are thousands of pages on the internet about this issue (I could find NONE related to our installer surprisingly enough). It's a well known issue that for example prevents a lot of people from upgrading their OS. I have had it myself on an old Surface, prevented Office from installing. In the end I just formatted the drive as I could not find an easy fix.

9 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I'm hoping it's not, but it could be that you have some missing or corrupt Windows System Files.

I would suggest running the Windows System File Checker (see link below).  I've done this before and never had any adverse result, and while I don't believe doing this would result in any Registry or other changes that would affect any of your present installations (it supposed to only affect Windows System files which shouldn't affect anything else) I'll caution you about this merely our of an abundance of caution.  I'm betting that Tom or one of the other guys might know more about it than I do. 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

Best wishes.

I will try thanks

5 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

You can ask us for a refund but we'll decline that I am afraid. See there is nothing wrong with the file, it is the same installer that works on tens of thousands of systems and not on yours. I think you will agree that that points towards a issue on your system and not with the file. The file is fine, your system is not. That is your responsibility and not ours.  I am sure you won't agree with that, but if you take a moment and see that it is impossible there is something wrong with the installer.

As others have said there are thousands of pages on the internet about this issue (I could find NONE related to our installer surprisingly enough). It's a well known issue that for example prevents a lot of people from upgrading their OS. I have had it myself on an old Surface, prevented Office from installing. In the end I just formatted the drive as I could not find an easy fix.

Yes I understand,this has nothing to do with Aerosoft but rather my PC.Thanks for the information.

1 hour ago, Mat3120 said:

I will try thanks

You are most welcome.

All of us here know what it's like to be in your shoes my friend. 

I'd like to offer something else that may help you, after all, we want you to experience this terrific product!

I noted that you're using Windows 7, and if it's been several years since you reinstalled Windows then you might well benefit from a fresh install or maybe even moving up to Windows 10 if there are Windows 10 drivers available for your motherboard (easy to check) and any other cards you may have put in your computer.  Doing this isn't something anyone looks forward to, but in the end it's not really much work especially for the payoff.

Whatever you do, would you stop back by and let us know how you made out?  We'd really appreciate that!

My very best wishes to you.

4 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

You are most welcome.

All of us here know what it's like to be in your shoes my friend. 

I'd like to offer something else that may help you, after all, we want you to experience this terrific product!

I noted that you're using Windows 7, and if it's been several years since you reinstalled Windows then you might well benefit from a fresh install or maybe even moving up to Windows 10 if there are Windows 10 drivers available for your motherboard (easy to check) and any other cards you may have put in your computer.  Doing this isn't something anyone looks forward to, but in the end it's not really much work especially for the payoff.

Whatever you do, would you stop back by and let us know how you made out?  We'd really appreciate that!

My very best wishes to you.

I'm running Windows 10 Home Edition.

11 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Well, same thing applies, just shorter time frame.

I just ran the command prompt to check if i had any corrupted or missing file,it said i had none.

I don't know what to do now,i'm guessing I just have to admit that 50 bucks went down the drain :(

I heard that one guy had the same problem that I had and he said he fixed it by tweaking some of his PC settings.But I don't know what settings he tweaked.Do you guys might know some settings I can change to fix this problem?

• Deputy Sheriffs
9 hours ago, Mat3120 said:

Also I got my PC 2 months ago (if that helps)

You got a brand new PC with Windows 7 installed? Strange!

Please click on Start, then right click on Computer/Properties, make a screenshot and post it here (jpg format only please)

6 hours ago, mopperle said:

You got a brand new PC with Windows 7 installed? Strange!

Please click on Start, then right click on Computer/Properties, make a screenshot and post it here (jpg format only please)

No,the PC came with Windows 10.

• Aerosoft

Well, it might be Windows 10 but you got modules on there that report it as being Windows 7:

Code:    -5006 : 0x8007007b
Error Information:
$16.0.0.435PAK

That alone is a rather clear indication something is wrong with your Windows. I would just reset Windows so you are sure you do not run into other issues because with an issue like that you undoubtfully will.

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Well, it might be Windows 10 but you got modules on there that report it as being Windows 7:

Code:    -5006 : 0x8007007b
Error Information:
$16.0.0.435PAK

That alone is a rather clear indication something is wrong with your Windows. I would just reset Windows so you are sure you do not run into other issues because with an issue like that you undoubtfully will.

So is it fine that I choose to keep my files and just reinstall Windows? 

Resetted my Windows and the installer has the same error.Now I have to waste my valuable time reinstalling everything.Never buying ANYTHING from Aerosoft after my terrible experience.Thanks Aerosoft. >:(

Archived