PMDG 737 to P3Dv4 Install Issue

pdwnet

Hello,

I downloaded the update for the 737 from Aerosoft to install the product into P3Dv4. I uninstalled my previous installation. When I install the new download it only finds P3Dv3 and installs it there with no option to add it to P3Dv4. How can I install the product into P3Dv4? I have P3Dv3 on one drive and P3Dv4 on a separate drive. 
Thank you

When I updated it, it asked me to tick the boxes of the version of P3D I wanted to install it for, so I ticked both v3 and v4 boxes. I can't exactly remember was there an option to manually browse to the installation location. Is there a browse button appearing at any point along the installation procedure?

I also got my NGX from Aerosoft, but I believe this is an issue with PMDG themselves. You'd be better asking on their forum, or submitting a support ticket.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I can only tell for the 747 and IMHO the chance to browse appears only in case the installer doesn't find the sim.

When I updated the 777 it showed me the 2 option to check. This time I had no options or did it have a way to browse. I dont think it is the appropriate installer. 

Yes, it looks like you are somehow using the old installer. Did you try downloading it again? Just to check you downloaded from the right place: I'm assuming you logged into your Aerosoft shop account, and clicked "orders" on the left hand side. Then clicked on "View my old download orders". Then you should have clicked on the NGX entry. This should take you to the download screen where you select a mirror for downloading.

Another thing to check, you may have a corrupt download? The zip file should be 837MB. Can you double check to make sure the full file downloaded correctly?

2 hours ago, nealmac said:

Yes, it looks like you are somehow using the old installer. Did you try downloading it again? Just to check you downloaded from the right place: I'm assuming you logged into your Aerosoft shop account, and clicked "orders" on the left hand side. Then clicked on "View my old download orders". Then you should have clicked on the NGX entry. This should take you to the download screen where you select a mirror for downloading.

Another thing to check, you may have a corrupt download? The zip file should be 837MB. Can you double check to make sure the full file downloaded correctly?

I got it solved. I downloaded the installer from the world instead of US and worked like a charm. Thanks for your help!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived