FSX a320/a321 CFD "Aircraft is no longer shared"

Hi all,

I recently purchased the a320/a321 pack on the steam store for FSX Steam Edition. A friend of mine purchased the same aircraft so we can do shared flights, however we cannot connect to each other. I've looked through the topics on this thread and wanted to make my own thread as I haven't seen my exact problem aforementioned. Just for note, we have no problems connecting to each other when using stock FSX aircraft. We've made sure to both be in the same plane when we enter the server before either or of us tries to connect to the other. When the person attempting to join the others plane gets to 86% loaded into FSX they then receive an error notice that says "the aircraft is no longer shared." For the person who's plane was attempting to be joined, they received a notice in FSX that says x has joined your aircraft followed by x has left your aircraft. I'm really hoping someone can pinpoint why this is happening on the aerosoft planes only.

Thanks,

Evan

Hello Evan, welcome to the Aerosoft Forums and to the Connected Flight Deck Forum.

Well my friend, thanks for reading through the forum, but I might have advised taking a quick run through the instructions (manual) that came with the product as well... LOL!

I get it, I really  and truly do!  I think it's mostly a "guy thing" of not bothering to read the instructions, and I've certainly been guilty of this over most of my lifetime - especially when I believe I'm already familiar with the base operations of something. In fact one might say that we're sort of forced into this, because we buy a new product (of any kind) and we want to use it right away! But I can promise you that one thing that I've found to be different (and really requires reading of the manuals) is the level of flight simulation you've now embarked on with the A320 Series.  We've seen this time and time and time again, and when someone tries to learn and operate an aircraft of this level it almost always results in them posting question after question after question, and those answering the questions can only given limited answers as to do otherwise would result in their writing a manual via forum posting - and of course we already have some excellent manuals that come with the aircraft!  Not only that, but the manuals are searchable (for those who, for some reason, feel they don't need to read the entire manual and which in turn creates the same sort of issue that I've written about above - that being the person posting question after question after question and getting limited answers.  See where I'm going with this my friend?

Don't get me wrong, as I said I'm much the same way myself. But in Flight Simulation at this level we benefit so tremendously by taking the time to first read the entire set of manuals before we jump in.  Still, for those who just can't be bothered to read the manuals first there are countless video tutorials on Youtube that cover many aspects of the A320 Series. In fact Aerosoft also created a Tutorial and comes with instructions and a checklist to help guys like us along until we can go back at a later time and take a gander at the manuals.

The Manual that you'll need to take a look at for Connected Flight Deck Connections is Volume 1 (Volume 1 being the best place to start anyway) and the section on Connected Flight Deck starts on Page 10.  One thing which isn't updated in that section is that we no longer recommend Hamachi for the connection between computers. Instead we suggest using Port Forwarding, and this is explained in detail in the OVPA Connected Flight Deck Setup Guide which is pinned to the top of the Connected Flight Deck (this) forum.

Please let me know if you have any further questions my friend, but if you have any specific questions then I'd ask you open a new thread for them.

My very best wishes for happy Connected Flight Deck flights!

7 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

There may be some logic behind that concept. I'm stuck when it comes to the Airbus Ports and Protocol. On the port forward site It asks me to insert the application I am using and what my static IP is. I enter that information in and it directs me to create 11 forward ports and includes a wide range of different ports, none of which are 6881 or 6882. How do I get the 

Thanks Dave, I think you may be onto something with that theory of yours.

Here's where I am now - I've created a static IP and successfully created virtual server on my router using the Airbus codes 6881 and 6882 as the ports, setup as UDP's as instructed by the forwardports website. My friend has done the same. We still can't connect to each other in FSX. Is there a step were missing where we somehow need to make it so were connecting to one another? Do we have to connect through a separate function that isn't the standard join aircraft feature in FSX?

Thanks again,

Evan

Evan,

Somehow the post you quoted was attributed to me, but I didn't write that.  Doesn't matter though.  Anyway...

If you're not able to find the Configurator then you might not have turned off your computer security before running the installer and/or didn't right click on the installer and select "Run as Administrator".  The Windows Start Menu contains a shortcut to the actual Configurator program, which is actually located in your Main Flight Sim Folder\aerosoft\Airbus A320_A321 folder or Main Flight Sim Folder\aerosoft\Airbus A318_A319 folder.  If you don't find the Configurator at that location then you'll need to uninstall and reinstall the Airbus using the procedure below.  Don't worry, it's painless and doesn't take very long at all to do.

Let me know how you make out!

Hello Evan,

I received your private message, but I'm going to answer it hear so that others might benefit from what we find.

Now I understand that you're using the Steam version... okay, that may make things a little different.  We had a few problems with that version, and I believe some cases required us to get the person the installer (rather than having Steam install it).

Please open up a Support Ticket HERE, and in your support request please tell them about the problem and then give them a link to this thread.

Sorry again for your difficulties.  Would you please let me know how things go?

Archived