FMGS.DLL returning again and not able to load a saved flight

tk92

Dear Aerosoft,

First of all, I did my research on the forum about these subjects but now I've reached the point where I have no idea anymore.. In about 1 out of 5 flights the Airbus (type does not matter) just randomly crashed (but almost always after I make some changes in the left MCDU, this time I did a DIR to and 5 seconds later I crashed) and when I check the event viewer, I see that it is the infamous FMGS.dll error again. I had these errors in the past but I replaced the fmgs.dll's with the file dating from june 2016 available in the hotfix area. Unfortunately these problems are still happening to my aircraft..

It is not that bad to have a CTD if I can reload my flight and continue where I was, but when loading the autosave made by FSUIPC, the flight starts cold and dark and there is no place in the right MCDU where I can load the panel state from before. I searched some similar issues in these forums but when I load the flight again, or choose to run a default aircraft and load the saved flight from the upper toolbar, the loading just freezes at 100% and in the end I have to shut down FSX manually. 

Any ideas? :)

Thank you for your help!

Regards,

Thomas

That's one of the reasons why people change to P3D. There are just so many modules and files that can cause a crash or freeze in FSX. 

Basically the only thing that you really can do about it is uninstall both the Busses and the FSX and install it again. I might be wrong on this, but as far as I know there isn't a long-term solution for this kind of issues with FSX.

Thanks for you reply! Yeah I will move to P3D probably soon, at least partially since not every addon is made compatible yet. But I might give a reinstall of the Airbus a try!

Archived