Mega Airport Berlin-Brandenburg EDDB

Kosie

Hello,   I purchased the above airport on 8.7.2017 on the assumption that the airport would be completed by now using its real name and not by a sudonym. Afool and his money are easily parted.   Today I flew from EGPF - EDDB using the  new Navigraph/Jeppeson Charts showing the airport layout.  There is only one Runway displayed 07L - 25R.  When on the approach to landing on 25R the Scenery ahead appeared to show  a much larger airport with another runway clearly shown on the left of the airport with PAPI lights clearly displayed. This is an anomaly I cannot understand and in my humble opinion some thing is clearly wrong and I do not know how to overcome it. Any assistance would be appreciated.  Regards Kosie. R.Welsh.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Kosie, what you bought is a rendition of the future Airport Berlin-Brandenburg. Unfortunately the opening of this new airport has been postponed int the past 6 years for several reasons and it is currently not sure when it will finally open.

With the addon comes a configurator which let you choose in which way you like to use the airport: in its current state with only 1 runway or in its future state.

Please consult the manual on how to use the configurator.

Hello Otto, Thank you for the data info. I wasn't aware of where it was so searched my PC and located it and is now installed. Regards  Kosie (Richard Welsh)

in fact if used with the correct AFCAD the scenery depicts the current situation quite well.

all the buildings of the "bigger airport" as well as 07R/25L are present but not used.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived