Auto plan does not use nats routes

Hello. I am trying the planner to use nats but as you can see it does not follow it. It starts at the eraka and then crosses track B. Am I doing something wrong? Tried to play with ticking upper airspace or no directs but nothing seems to work. I tried to make a route omdb mmmx here. 

Best regards,

Marco

Please login to display this image.

I had v1.28 so installed the hot fix. Now it takes me high over the nats here as well. When I put in omdb kord on auto settings it gives me this route as picture. Would it not be handy if you can say route between these 2 airfields and via track #. This route it comes up with is not realistic at all. 

Best of regards,

Marco

If you wish to force via through a NAT then use the advanced planner and use the entry/exit points in the VIA:

Comparing the auto route and forcing by today's NAT Alpha, 0A plan, it can be seen the NAT is less efficient ( the warnings appertain to below MORA for which I haven't adjusted ), the same situation occurred on yesterdays track:

In order to use the NAT route I had to off-load cargo to achieve correct weights for the increased fuel load.

It appears the auto-route function is correct.

That works better using the via. Still seems for some routes it picks a different route then the entry exit but must just be me trying silly routes. I'll play around with it for a bit more. Thanks very much for the detailed explanation and your time!

Best of regards,

Marco

Archived