Flight Operation Center

scotth6

Hi,

I purchased a DVD copy of Aerosoft's Flight Operation Center a while back, although I haven't even had time to install it yet.  I have been getting in to much more tubeliner flying lately, and have updated aircraft databases and P3Ds nav database, so I was just wondering if I can do the same with Flight Operation Center?  Does anyone know if and how I can update the database of FOC to AIRAC 1706, which is what I have just updated everything else to?

Cheers,

What is an DVD Copy?

I´ve use FOC in 2003 - 200x, but the Aerosoft Box is just a simpler version, i´ve read. The original is from here http://www.danur.com/frontpage/forum.htm

The site offers update from AIRAC and Weather for purchase, but the product description on the aerosoft site says nothing about today Requirements (WIN 7 - 10; FSX,...)

The first time 2003 there were no updates or the simple box did not require the. In time it was therefore unattractive for me. Since the publication of PFPX i use this only.

I have not even found a video on youtube, also funny.

The last forum entrys are from 2013 and i can read :

* You will be wasting your money

* Useless

You can read  http://www.simpilot.net:8080/webx?14@982.aDaMaBElazx.0@.ee6b609

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.   DVD copy is the boxed version (DVD disc).  I didn't realise when I purchased this not so long ago that it was so old, but I have it now, so I am trying to find out if I can use it with a nav update.  I thought since Aerosoft were selling it, even in a sale just a few months back, that it was not yet totally obsolete.

Anyway, I will keep searching and see if an update is possible, otherwise I will use it as is, just as a standalone program; or as a coaster :D .

Cheers,

I'm not sure that the navdata can be updated to current cycles, at one point access to the source data in use was lost. I would be inclined to try contacting the developers prior to making any further purchases to the product.

When PFPX became available it took over where FOC left off and offers far greater functionality.

As noted Simbrief is a free alternative if it suits your needs but lacks the planning capability of PFPX.

It will really depend upon what your looking to achieve.

Thank you both for the replies.

Initially when I bought FOC I thought it looked pretty complex and I wasn't really even looking for a flight planner, but it sounded interesting, and I always like to learn new things about aviation. More recently as I have been flying tubeliners more, I was really just looking for a pretty simple flight planning tool, but something a bit better than the default or even Online Flight Planner, which is what I have been using.  It doesn't look like FOC is any good for that purpose now.

I think I will give Simbrief a try.

Thanks guys.

Archived