Hello, I just upgrade my GPU to GTX 1080ti and very strange that the FPS in FSX:SE IS SO LOW.

In the cockpit around 11-15 and outside view 49-59.Something strange is happening and I don't know because I never had before, the mouse cursor pointer is seems like something working on the background. Please help me

Please login to display this image.

Hello,

There could be many reasons for this situation, but a fast solution that I can give you at this moment are in the following steps:

1) Make sure you deleted the previous drivers of your old GPU

2) Install the drivers of the new GPU

3) Then delete the fsx.cfg located at: C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

4) Open FSX:SE (it will generate a new fsx.cfg)

Check if it's solved. :)

Thanks for your reply. I TRYED it but no change. When the fsx:se loads is ok. When I choose plane, airport, and load a free fligh, I see its loads terrain data and starts in external view......loading.... then starts again loading terrain data and so starts in cockpit view ...normal. Great  graphics but the FPS IS 10-12 in VC and 28-30 in external view. The cursor pointer is still as loading on the background.

please help

Hi again. I went to add remove programs and uninstalled all NVIDIA programs. Then I reinstalled latest drivers. Same story. Before, two days ago with the gtx 1070 never problem. Was it the right way I uninstalled the old drivers? I have 4K tv as monitor. What's the best resolutions for a 4K? Sorry bothering you but have no one to advise me

I used to have FSX and I exchanged my 780ti for a 1080ti. Did not notice any FPS gain. I just want to ran the test before moving to P3Dv4. It might be a good idea to delete shader cache folders and maybe also the FSX.cfg

In addition to Walter's and Mathijs' excellent advice, you may also want to delete your FSX:SE shader cache (they will be rebuilt based on your graphics settings the next time you launch FSX.  Instructions to do this can be found at the link below.

https://fsxtimes.wordpress.com/2011/07/11/clean-up-shader-cache/

I'd like to emphasize what Mathijs said about P3DV4, you'll never make use of all the terrific GTX1080 capabilities running FSX, and having swapped my GTX980 for a GTX1080 just last night I can tell you that it's amazing what that cardcan do running under P3DV4!

Best wishes!

Hey man, thank you for your very good advise. I've allready tryed p3d4 with my new graphics card and I couldn't believe it. Outside view average 67-85, VC view 60-70  it's unbelievable. Because I'm waiting for 737 NGX and for more compatibility add on I allready have, thought to keep fsx in the mean time. 

Please my friend tell me for a 4k tv what's best screen resolutions to use in FS to get the most of 4K?

Hey DaveCT2003. Thank you and now everything working ok VC FPS 20-28 and external view 35-45 witch I think is ok. Please tell me now the reason of those graphics. Can I do something ?

Geo

On 7/7/2017 at 4:13 AM, georgiosgiannoukos said:

I have 4K tv as monitor. What's the best resolutions for a 4K?

4K screen resolution should be 3840 x 2160.  If that's not an option, then I would use the highest available.  The 1080ti should for sure be able to display it, though.  Make sure you are using HDMI or displayport 1.4 cables to the tv.  (they do make DP1.4 to HDMI cables)

Archived