Madeira X and GSX trouble

Thiago Dutra

Hey all,

I have a problen with my last update of Madeira X. Since updated my gsx is not working correctly.

The video shows my problem :

I have ORBX GLobal, Vector, Open LC Europe and Tress installed. There's no problem with others scenerys...

Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thank you

3 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

Please start the config tool and tick the "lift ground for GSX" checkbox.

I did and the problem still the same. I had ticked after installation...

• Deputy Sheriffs

What sim are you using?

Are you running Madeira 1.05? The video is titled with 1.04.

Are you running the latest GSX? I recommend to install the latest full download and then run the new FSDT updater.

Can you exclude any other addon with LPMA related files?

Have you checked this post?

I have the same in v1.05 and ran the FSDT Live Update afterwards. Guess Umberto needs to make an adjustment since LPMA uses some tricks for the elevation...

12 hours ago, masterhawk said:

What sim are you using?

Are you running Madeira 1.05? The video is titled with 1.04.

Are you running the latest GSX? I recommend to install the latest full download and then run the new FSDT updater.

Can you exclude any other addon with LPMA related files?

Have you checked this post?

Im using the last version of P3D v3 and the last version of the scenery ( i had the same problem with 1.04)

I did (i think) everything MK said to solv the elevation problem and it works on scenery but not GSX addon.

The 1.05 version doest have the "lift ground for GSX" option...

I getting very bored of all the problem of this scenery. Every update something fails and we need to look for solution...

Is it a waste of money? Why do they fix all together and we just install the scenery and it's done?

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 45 Minuten, Thiago Dutra sagte:

Im using the last version of P3D v3 and the last version of the scenery ( i had the same problem with 1.04)

I did (i think) everything MK said to solv the elevation problem and it works on scenery but not GSX addon.

The 1.05 version doest have the "lift ground for GSX" option...

I getting very bored of all the problem of this scenery. Every update something fails and we need to look for solution...

Is it a waste of money? Why do they fix all together and we just install the scenery and it's done?

The scenery is no waste of money. It is very complex. One fix brake something else.

But in this case, it is very likely, that a update for GSX is required. So we have to wait for FSDT.

• Developer

It is not an Issue of the Scenery, when another product is not able to handle the commen conditions of such airports. Fsdreamteam knows it, have solutions for it, but have them hardcoded. 

It will not happen often, but specially at airport at costlines, like LPMA here, or LXGB, GCLA, Trondheim, all need to lower the Terrainlevel, otherwise the Mesh will be come sidewarts out of the hill. 

The plattform, which then build thr Apronground, will not be handled the same for the usersaircraft/Avatar and external via Simconnect created Objects, like the GSX vehicles, which are not set absolute per default.

There many options to handle this issue, GSX has a solution for that, but this seams to be hardcoded. I never heard about an option for the scenery developer to provide the info about the "used" altitude via a configfile in the scenery addon folder, for example.

Incase of Madeira, the default Airport is set to 250 meter Msl or so, much to high.

So a realistic Addon needs to change the airportlevel and can this only by Dummy Afcad in the lowest Scenery folder register in the scenery.cfg, this is then scenery/world/scenery folder so that the AI-traffic and the Terrain will not rise up to the default Afcad level. When GSX would read this afcads too and use this for the airport found to place there vehicles absolute MSL, all would be fine. Even when they would use the alt for the airport given in the Afcad of the airport, which they read anyway to get gates and taxiway, to place there vehicles absolute, no issue would have and will be happen like this here.

There are solutions to handle it more flexible, but this options are not on the site of the Addon scenery developers. FSDT had 6 year to get a solution.

Btw, the problem here,that the vehicles are some meter above the apron and not at or below, seams to be the hardcoded level of the previous Madeira addon, which had the apronlevel at 50meter and not as now at 43m.

vor 2 Stunden , OPabst sagte:

Btw, the problem here,that the vehicles are some meter above the apron and not at or below, seams to be the hardcoded level of the previous Madeira addon, which had the apronlevel at 50meter and not as now at 43m.

in that case it would be a good ideas to check for an "old" LPMA altitude correction file in ..\scenery\world\scenery

The problem with GSX happened because:

- The name of the scenery AFCAD changed from the previous version, from AF2_LPMA.BGL to LPMA_AFX_OP02.BGL, so the previous GSX customization, which is loaded depending on the the name of the active AFCAD, wasn't loaded.

- The elevation in the AFCAD changed from 50.5 meters in the old version, to 43.60 in the new one. Of course, the real elevation is neither 43.60 nor 50.5 but it's sloped from 44 meters on one end to 58 meters to the other one, but the sim doesn't really support sloped runways, the scenery designers likely opted for a different "in the middle value" for this version.

This has been fixed in the latest FSDT Live Update.

Archived