Madeira 1.05 - Bug in Installer -> 1.05a available now

Felidae

Hi,

After updating also in FSX, Madeira A1.05 turned into a strange country as you can see

FTX Vector and Global are actived (as before the update). Alone with this issue?? Cheers   Daniel

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

Hi

Same here. After 1.05 in FSX and without any additional mesh or vector, same pictures as original poster. Reverted  to 1.04. All OK

BRGDS

Thanks Edvardo!

so I know it's useless to search the problem by me.  1.04 worked also perfect for me.

I've made a clean install and now the scenery is completely messed

Madeira was a long time a source of trouble. I hope this time the fix will be easier to get.

Regards

daniel

• Deputy Sheriffs

@Felidae @Edvardo

Hi, at the moment I can only give the advice to check the linked post. The content is still valid, except SODE, that is since 1.04 no longer needed. Please check if there are old files inside the SODE folder from a previous installation.

And please keep in mind to run the installer with admin rights and AV off!

I'm running P3Dv4 only, so I can't check myself.

Make sure your FSX settings match with the ones from the manual.

Hallo Masterhawk!

thank you for your answer and advices. You have soon solved for me the issues of version 1.04 but  as I am a little  bit silly I was thinking that a new version would be free of all of these bugs.

OK I will try the same corrections and pray a few minutes with hope!

I'' ll give feedback to morrow

Thanks again

Viele Grüsse

Daniel

vor 8 Stunden , masterhawk sagte:

I'm running P3Dv4 only, so I can't check myself.

Is LPMA running on your P3Dv4 ? On my system P3Dv4 crashes when selecting LMPA as departure airport; LPPS is working but with mesh anomalies and - what is very strange -  the water-texture  turns into dessert-texture around Madeira and Porto Santo. I have ORBX TGlobal and Pilots Global Mesh NG installed. When uninstalling Madeira Evolution everything is ok. Any idea ?

Thanks and best regards

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 1 hour , BT318 sagte:

Is LPMA running on your P3Dv4 ? On my system P3Dv4 crashes when selecting LMPA as departure airport; LPPS is working but with mesh anomalies and - what is very strange -  the water-texture  turns into dessert-texture around Madeira and Porto Santo. I have ORBX TGlobal and Pilots Global Mesh NG installed. When uninstalling Madeira Evolution everything is ok. Any idea ?

Thanks and best regards

It's working for me. I have no exact idea what it could be. Please check the post I linked in this topic.

You are on P3Dv4HF1 and installed with admin rights?

When is it crashing exactly?

How does your mesh anomalies look like?

What are your scenery library settings?

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 1 hour , Felidae sagte:

Hallo Masterhawk!

thank you for your answer and advices. You have soon solved for me the issues of version 1.04 but  as I am a little  bit silly I was thinking that a new version would be free of all of these bugs.

OK I will try the same corrections and pray a few minutes with hope!

I'' ll give feedback to morrow

Thanks again

Viele Grüsse

Daniel

Hi, what you are experiencing are no bugs of the scenery. It's an installer issue related to your individual system config.

One question: where is your fsx installed? Is it the default c:\program files (x86)\...?

Hi Masterhawk,

"An issue related to your individual system config" Maybe and probably you are right. 822 other sceneries have installed and are working with no issue.

But I know: it's not a reference with computers.

My Fsx is installed on a dedicated SSD :    H/: Fsx. Everything installed with admin rights a.s.o. 

I have all FtX + Pilots Global Mesh NG,+ local airports

Should I make all the modifications listed in your post? 

I suppose returning to version 1.04 won't give a solution as through the new running of the installer the "bad" files are supposedly back?

I'll try to sort this as well I can

Thanks again your kind and quick helping words

Daniel

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 10 Minuten, Felidae sagte:

Hi Masterhawk,

"An issue related to your individual system config" Maybe and probably you are right. 822 other sceneries have installed and are working with no issue.

But I know: it's not a reference with computers.

My Fsx is installed on a dedicated SSD :    H/: Fsx. Everything installed with admin rights a.s.o. 

I have all FtX + Pilots Global Mesh NG,+ local airports

Should I make all the modifications listed in your post? 

I suppose returning to version 1.04 won't give a solution as through the new running of the installer the "bad" files are supposedly back?

I'll try to sort this as well I can

Thanks again your kind and quick helping words

Daniel

I suggest:

1. uninstall 1.04

2. check that everything is deleted 

3. install 1.05

4. test

5. if there are still problems, follow the items in the linked post

vor 12 Stunden , masterhawk sagte:

It's working for me. I have no exact idea what it could be. Please check the post I linked in this topic.

You are on P3Dv4HF1 and installed with admin rights?

When is it crashing exactly?

How does your mesh anomalies look like?

What are your scenery library settings?

Hi masterhawk,

thanks for the feedback.

Everything installed with admin-rights

P3Dv4HF1 installed

Crash comes when after choosing LPMA as departure airport  and I push the button "Start"

I will post pictures this afternoon.

In my case I found the culprit: it is FSDTs KJFK V2 - when activated=CTD, non-activated=everything is ok (that I found out after some hours of searching / testing). I will search further this afternoon, what file causes the CTD.

P.S.: Forgot to mention that I have ORBX Global Texture, ORBX LC_Europe and Global Mesh NG installed

Hi

Regarding V1.05 with FSX I checked files in topic Madeira Mesh and everything is as described there.

Same as original poster I have Runaway bellow surface, cars in air....

Installed with AV OFF and as Admin.

Uninstalled and reverted to 1.04.

After that OK

vor 7 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Are these projects that are installed outside the sim (so in the new P3d V4 method)?

Alll these sceneries (from FSDT, FlightBeam and LatinVFR) are installed outside the sim - using the new method. I will try to build an new scenery.cfg (old style)  including all sceneries of the mentioned developers and than delete (or move) the files in die addonscenery.xml / *.cfg and under c\user\myDocuments\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons. Will see, what happens. The only projects left in the new method are Bronco, Sode and A2A (all non-sceneries).

If you are interested in having some pictures of Madeira / Porto Santo with and without activated KJFK I will put them in here.

Hello - as I mentioned in another thread dealing with LPMA just copy my comment from there:

I have just returned to the "old fashioned style" of scenery.cfg (using a freewaretool for building this file as a merged file from the scenery.cfg and the addon.cfg / *.XML. Than deleting all entries in die addon*.XML-files, *.cfg-files and C:\user\mydocuments\Prepar3d V4 Addons (leaving bronco, FSDT Manager and Sode in there Position). Now even with ativated FSDT KJFK V2 everything runs as ist should - no CTDs and no weird textures.

vor 8 Minuten, BT318 sagte:

..(using a freewaretool for building this file as a merged file from the scenery.cfg and the addon.cfg / *.XML.

out of interest.. which tool are you using?

• Developer

Please don't use the Installer 1.05 for FSX/FSX:SE/P3D V3, keep 1.04 or reinstall 1.04,  1.05 is used before.

• Developer
vor 6 Minuten, FlavioSSA sagte:

What? Already used 1.05 with fsx/se. What i do now? Unistall? Where do i find 1.04 installer? I don´t have it.

When you have no issue in FSX:SE with it, then do nothing. I have no SE Version, so I could not check what he is doing there. But the Microsoft FSX Version is not correct, P3D V3 seams to work, but I see content differences, which needs to be checked tomorrow.

Users of MS FSX, who have never had 1.04 or delete the old installer, needs to wait until tomorrow, when the Aerosoft stuff is back in office and can sort it out.

So, i just tested and my scenery is the same as the OP of this topic. Unfortunately i used 1.05 installer (Provided thru simmarket.com) and already deleted 1.04 installer. Can Aerosoft provide a link to the old installer? Or give another solution for this issue?

• Deputy Sheriffs
16 minutes ago, FlavioSSA said:

Or give another solution for this issue?

58 minutes ago, OPabst said:

Users of MS FSX, who have never had 1.04 or delete the old installer, needs to wait until tomorrow, when the Aerosoft stuff is back in office and can sort it out.

Archived