Milan Malpensa X light cone issue P3D v4

thokle

Hello guys,

unfortunately there is an issue with the light cones in the new version of Milan Malpensa X in P3D v4. Just check the picture below. 

Furthermore I can't notice the Dynamic Lighting. Please add it in the next update.

Thanks for fixing!

Please login to display this image.

It will fix it's an error in the installer. or I must say in P3Dv4 the cone must be "put" into the lamp model   upside  to show it  correctly  so please check what version you did install onto P3V34 

David

Yes, I installed the Hotfix 1. Same issue for the 29Palms sceneries. I've already contacted Lars to fix the issue.

@David Rosenfeld Will you also add Dynamic Lighting in the next update? Thanks.

david Rosenfeld Will you also add Dynamic Lighting in the next update? Thanks

I did a test with Dynamic Light it's look very nice but it a "frame rate killer" so I don't think it good  enough 

David

vor 1 hour , David Rosenfeld sagte:

david Rosenfeld Will you also add Dynamic Lighting in the next update? Thanks

I did a test with Dynamic Light it's look very nice but it a "frame rate killer" so I don't think it good  enough 

David

Yeah, I know this from other sceneries that it is hard on FPS. But if the user of your scenery doesn't like to have Dynamic Lighting, he just needs to deactivate it in the P3D menu. 

I think that the heavy performance impact will get fixed by Lockheed Martin anytime soon. 

49 minutes ago, thokle said:

Wow, looking awesome!
Which specs do you have? 11,9 FPS aren't that good.:unsure:

It's because of the dynamic lightnig.

Btw when will the installer be updated with the lights cone fix?

Thnx,

Ivan

2 hours ago, David Rosenfeld said:

Let me consult Aerosoft we shell decide 

David

It's a known thing, turn down your AA settings, Dynamic Lightnig and high AA settings not going together, try 4xMSAA instead of 4xSSAA\8xSSAA.

Stein-Ove

The Fix file was send 

as for Dynamic light I try to config image and texture quality and didn't like the performance 

my video card is a little bit old gtx970 and i steel think most user uses something like that  I'll continue working on it to fined better fps  

David

• Deputy Sheriffs

Might it be possible to include a config tool. Where you can switch between old style floodlights and dynamic ones. As far as I can see you have all files. So it's just a file exchange.

At the end, the user can decide what fits best to his system.

vor 8 Stunden , David Rosenfeld sagte:

The Fix file was send 

as for Dynamic light I try to config image and texture quality and didn't like the performance 

my video card is a little bit old gtx970 and i steel think most user uses something like that  I'll continue working on it to fined better fps  

David

Try Stein-Ove's setting. 4xMSAA should be good for you GPU. I am currently using 8xMSAA on my GTX1080Ti.

vor 6 Stunden , masterhawk sagte:

Might it be possible to include a config tool. Where you can switch between old style floodlights and dynamic ones. As far as I can see you have all files. So it's just a file exchange.

At the end, the user can decide what fits best to his system.

I think we don't need an option to switch it off. The dynamic lights can easily been switched off in the P3D menu.

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 4 Minuten, thokle sagte:

Try Stein-Ove's setting. 4xMSAA should be good for you GPU. I am currently using 8xMSAA on my GTX1080Ti.

I think we don't need an option to switch it off. The dynamic lights can easily been switched off in the P3D menu.

Yes, you can switch it off in the sim, but if the scenery  doesn't offer something alternate you will end with no light. Or I'm wrong?

vor 6 Minuten, masterhawk sagte:

Yes, you can switch it off in the sim, but if the scenery  doesn't offer something alternate you will end with no light. Or I'm wrong?

It just removes the effect casting light on objects. I just tested it without it recently on an airport that includes dynamic lights. It gets a bit darker as with the effect. 

Hello 

issue with the flipped  cone was fix, about dynamic still have to think on creative way not to put around 30+-  dynamics effect on the airport. another issue here is to change XML in sode  that can hart other sim versions so it will complected the installer

David

hi all,

not exactly related the topic but pertinent to LIMC X ... anybody else having double taxiway lights in P3D4? might not be everywhere on the field ...

I just noticed it while taxing on Y staring around intersection U southbound towards holding point 35L, it continues all the way to 35R via H and C ...

also it is as the majority of them hovers a few inches to a feet above ground, sometimes they are alse well spaced apart, before the U intersection

it appears lights are just single but hovering ... would be nice if you could take a look at his David ...

it's something you can live with but would somehow be a bit of a pity if left behind in such great scenery ...

thanks in any case, ciao Francesco.

Please do not highjack topics fox68. Make new topic so we can address this as the unrelated issue it is.

ok I will, sorry ...

Good morning, I still can't see the light cone fix in the Download shop, unless the version number 1.14 didn't change and the installer got updated regardless? When will it be available?

Thanks,

Jan

vor 7 Stunden , monokuro sagte:

Good morning, I still can't see the light cone fix in the Download shop, unless the version number 1.14 didn't change and the installer got updated regardless? When will it be available?

Thanks,

Jan

I really can't understand why it takes two weeks to fix this minor issue. Come on guys, this can be fixed in one day to be honest.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope that you haven't forgotten this. P3D v4 Hotfix users still have this light issue.
Is there also any update if this will get Dynamic Lights or not?
Thanks!

Archived