July's 2017 Screen-Shot Contest: RADIALS......BIG N' LOUD!

• Deputy Sheriffs

July is upon us.....The year is 50% complete and one can only imagine what is still to come for this unique hobby of ours before the year comes to an end.  The "Potential List" has some great ideas which I am going to start pushing again next month (so get ready for that).  This month however, I am going to give the RADIAL flyers some love......show us your old beasts with close ups of their RADIAL engines, in-flight or on the ground - they are certainly works of art.  

The Radial engine MUST BE THE FOCAL point of the shot

My Radial Collection is very limited but here are a few to illustrate.

Please login to display this image.

Good Luck to ALL!!!

• Deputy Sheriffs
6 hours ago, edetroit said:

Killer shots Kroswynd!. :wub:  I think to be fair to us all you should be limited to one shot as well. :lol:

Thanks Bro.....LOL you may be right as I have been using old content that has been laying around and I am running out of material :lol::lol:

• Deputy Sheriffs
12 hours ago, AA777-200ER said:

Wow, two good ones from Bermuda and Aharon already.

Cannot participate this month since I don't own any radial aircraft, Darryl :P

Sorry about that......although there is some awesome freeware worthy of being payware - and P3D v4 (if you own it) does have a few radial driven birds

Just Flight's Constellation

Well, i thought i posted a link, but it does not show i think. Anyway, my for the july.

I just had to go with the most iconic radial out there: The Douglas DC-3/C-47!

Flying over ORBX Bar Harbor with the freeware C-47 by Manfred Jahn

And again, wonderful pictures this month!

My picture shows you a Waco ATO "Taperwing" with a pink makeup. :wub: I only miss some unicorn-stickers. :huh:

I can't really compete with these fantastic screenshots but I would like to show off my beloved Yak-18T. :wub: 

Screenshots don't really do justice to radial engines....you have to hear them! We need some video competitions. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs
On 7/14/2017 at 10:21 AM, Elly Beinhorn said:

And again, wonderful pictures this month!

My picture shows you a Waco ATO "Taperwing" with a pink makeup. :wub: I only miss some unicorn-stickers. :huh:

This was an interesting composition to the theme "Radials".  It created an almost life like presence with the dusk environment and the final moments of the sunset in the background, followed by the dipping of the right wing just after passing the lighthouse.  Congrats to Elly on winning July's screenshot contest.

Email to follow shortly.

Archived