Bronco for P3Dv4 screwing up PMDG installation?

msagner

Last night I installed the Aerosoft Bronco X, using the brand-new installer for P3Dv4. After doing some traffic circuits with it I called it a day.

Then today I downloaded the new PMDG installers for the 747 and the 777 in P3Dv4, deinstalled the 747 and the 777, and reinstalled them using the new installers..

Both came up with dead cockpits, with a hint to a problem with the PMDG dll file being unavailable (although it was where it was supposed to be, and also the dll.xml entry for it looked ok). I tried deinstall-reinstall cycles several times, but to no avail.

I then filed a ticket with PMDG and got a very quick reply from them, tipping me off on the Bronco apparently screwing up something inside P3D.

I deinstalled the Bronc', then reinstalled the PMDG planes, and now they're both running sweetly again.

I have no idea what might be the cause of this problem, but according to PMDG support they already had several users reporting this.

There seems to be something wrong with the Bronc's 64-bit installer.

Best regards

Michael Sagner

Hi Michael

I have just installed the latest versions of the T7 and 747 into P3D v4 and after reading your post I thought I would check to see if they fired up correctly and I am sad to say I had the same result as yourself with both PMDG

cockpits completely dead and unable to operate any of the cockpit controls, after uninstalling the Bronco and reinstalling the two PMDG aircraft everything was once again fully functional with the two PMDG aircraft.

Thank you for the heads up on this one it saved me having to contact PMDG support to see what could have caused the issue.

Take care.

Jim Hodkinson

vor 32 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

We'll contact PMDG.

Thanks.

Ryan Maziarz from PMDG tech support is familiar with the problem.

vor 13 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Yes, we are discussion it at this moment. Very strange. Most likely we need Lockheed to look at this as well. 

If you have a question as to what else I have installed that might have an influence, or if you'd like me to run a test, just ask (GSX/couatl comes to mind).

Yes I also had the same problem and PMDG support asked if I had the bronco installed.

Removed the Bronco and both 777 and 747 work OK  in P3D V4

Bye, David

• Aerosoft
6 hours ago, msagner said:

If you have a question as to what else I have installed that might have an influence, or if you'd like me to run a test, just ask (GSX/couatl comes to mind).

No that would make no sense. There is one thing you could do, disable ASC.dll from the panel.cfg folder and see it that helps.

At this moment we (and PMDG) are unable to reliably recreate the issue btw. 

I have disabled ASC.dll in all the Bronco subfolders. The PMDG planes still don't load, with their VC's dead.

Deinstalling the Bronco always brings the PMDG's back to life, reproducably.

In case you or the developers are interested - I did some logging with procmon.exe during the sim startup, once with the Bronco installed and the PMDG dead, once with no Bronco installed and the PMDG coming up alive.

It's a 600+ MB download (zipped) - so let me know and I will send you a link for dropbox.

If it helps - I have a teamviewer client on the machine as well.

Hi Guys

After consulting with PMDG support here is what I did and it works.

Install the Bronco and go to Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons and remove the OV-10 folder from there.

All planes will now work with no problem.

Bye, David

Messing a little with the files i doscovered that the pmdg planes comes back to life just doing a little correction to the add-on.xml file:

Open the Bronco add-on.xml file and search for all places this text: "\\" and replace with "\". It worked for me in here.

• Aerosoft

There is a new installer that solves this issue now. It was complex and while sorting it out PMDG actually found issues with P3D V4 that played a role. Those have been reported to Lockheed of course.

vor 13 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

There is a new installer that solves this issue now. It was complex and while sorting it out PMDG actually found issues with P3D V4 that played a role. Those have been reported to Lockheed of course.

Thanks to all involved. Keep up the good work!

Hi! How can we identify the new installer? Is it with new version number? (Asking because i bought with a reseller and i was not notified of the new installer)

Thanks.

Edit: Nevermind. I think i figured out.

Archived