DCT POINTS AIRSPACE ITALY

I do not understand why a route to FL 320 in the Italian airspace, PFPX in the route introduces the DCT Points. This is wrong, PFPX in Italian airspace can not create the right routes.

Italy implemented a free route airspace above a certain altitude. This means that any route between two points is acceptable as long as it remains within the FIR and doesn't cross any restricted airspace. Operators will typically use convenient direct-routing that offers them faster time with less operational headache.

See the Eurocontrol Route Availability Document if you want to verify what I just said, but I had a look through that multiple times myself and it's the most convoluted publication you will ever come across, so how far down the rabbit hole you want to go is really the furthest you should delve into this.

2 hours ago, amahran said:

Italy implemented a free route airspace above a certain altitude. This means that any route between two points is acceptable as long as it remains within the FIR and doesn't cross any restricted airspace. Operators will typically use convenient direct-routing that offers them faster time with less operational headache.

See the Eurocontrol Route Availability Document if you want to verify what I just said, but I had a look through that multiple times myself and it's the most convoluted publication you will ever come across, so how far down the rabbit hole you want to go is really the furthest you should delve into this.

Sir. In Italian controlled airspace, you can fly for dct points above the flight level 330, so under FL 330 you still fly on airways.  Now PFPX makes mistakes in the flight plan, because FL 330 often includes DCT direct points, which is not allowed. I wanted to ask if this bug will be corrected with the next version. Thank you

Now I'm not sure if this is an actual bug, since I don't fly in Europe, but I do know that Appendix 4 in the RAD has about 114 directs listed in Italy that are valid between FL315 and FL335, even though FRA starts at FL335 and above. You said your flightplan was set for FL320, right?

I replaced the RAD, I updated the airac, but it did not serve anything. PFPX under FL 330 often introduces DCT points, which is a bug. I ask if it will be updated with the next release. 

Forgotten ..... .On the flight level 330, sometimes PFPX introduces aeronautics, practically does the opposite 

2 minutes ago, airbusitalia said:

I replaced the RAD, I updated the airac, but it did not serve anything. PFPX under FL 330 often introduces DCT points, which is a bug. I ask if it will be updated with the next release. 

Forgotten ..... .On the flight level 330, sometimes PFPX introduces aeronautics, practically does the opposite 

Post your complete ATC flightplan and the result of IFPS validation

You 'replaced the RAD', I assume you have added the 'PFPX RAD Restrictions and Directs' provided by David from the download section ?

Which AIRAC and provider is in use ?

vor 54 Minuten, airbusitalia sagte:

Hi,

just tested LIMC to LICC with an Airbus A320 and AIRAC 1707 myself.

Generating route via Find -> Optimize Route - Min Fuel: LOGDI Y663 EKDIR DCT IBRID DCT AMTEL DCT GIKIN DCT PNZ DCT AMANO N982 LIBRO - Computed with FL350

Via Find - > Advanced Route Finder it depends, what your "Max altitude/FL" is: With FL320 as Min and FL380 as Max: LOGDI Y663 EKDIR DCT IBRID L995 GIKIN DCT PNZ Q789 AMANO N982 LIBRO

With FL320 (Min) to FL320 (Max) I get: LOGDI Y663 EKDIR M872 FRZ L995 GIKIN Q58 RCA Y93 NATOV

Regards

David

I do not understand .... a client exposes a problem that could be constructive, and on the aerosoft forum what do they do ?? -2 negative Reputation    hahahahahahaha

• Deputy Sheriffs

Dear @airbusitalia,

instead of down voting users who try to recreate your problem, spending their own time on it and also finding the answer to it, you should either say thank you or provide the information you have been asked for!

This case is closed.

Archived