FSX black screen after going to the options menu

Sorry if this is kind of off topic but i don't know which type of topic i should select... But anyways HELP!!!

So I was doing a flight which I have done a lot of progress on, I then visited the controls menu below the options tab, then after I exited a black screen came and the sounds were still going

I freaked out cause i thought it crashed... But then I pressed escape and I saw the exit game menu thing, so I calmed down. But then when I pressed continue flight THERE WAS STILL A

BLACK SCREEN! But the sounds were still working though...

P.S. I was flying an a320 btw so don't redirect me to another site

Thanks,

Rieth Andal

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I don't see how this could be urgent, therefore I took the liberty to the remove the "URGENT!" from the topic title. I also changed all capital letters to proper (lower) letters.

Is this problem reproducible on your machine?

Please give the hardware specs of your machine. 

What version of the Aerosoft bus are you using?

7 minutes ago, riethandal said:

PS. I was flying an a320 btw so don't redirect me to another site

Why should we do that? As long as we are talking about the Aerosoft bus, this is the place to come.

1 minute ago, Tom A320 said:

I don't see how this could be urgent, therefore I took the liberty to the remove the "URGENT!" from the topic title. I also changed all capital letters to proper (lower) letters.

Is this problem reproducible on your machine?

Please give the hardware specs of your machine. 

What version of the Aerosoft bus are you using?

Why should we do that? As long as we are talking about the Aerosoft bus, this is the place to come.

Sorry for adding the urgent thing I just don't want to loose my progress but anyways 

Intel Core I7-4702MQ CPU @ 2.20 ghz

Geforce Gt740M

12GB ram

And I have the normal aerosoft a320 and a321

• Deputy Sheriffs

I don't think that this has anything at all to do with the Aerosoft Airbus. 

Are your graphics drivers up to date?

Do you find any errors or warnings related to the graphics system or FSX in your Windows Eventlog (System and Application)?

What exact version FSX are you using?

And again the question: is this problem reproducible for you?

• Deputy Sheriffs

As you are running the simulator on a Notebook, it could have something to do with the available memory of your graphic card. Is it shared or dedicated memory and how much?

1 hour ago, mopperle said:

As you are running the simulator on a Notebook, it could have something to do with the available memory of your graphic card. Is it shared or dedicated memory and how much?

Im running it on a laptop and im not sure what you mean about shared or dedicated but it did say that 11.8 gb is usable

• Deputy Sheriffs

No, a graphic card got its on memory (RAM). This memory can be taken from the main RAM (in your case 12 GB), which is called shared or the card got its own hardware RAM called dedicated.

The documentation of your notebook should tell.

Laptops are not really designed or suitable for FSX or other flight simulators.

Your system specs are not really that great either.

2.2 Ghz is very very slow by todays standards, FSX was designed for CPU's at around the 4GHz mark. When Microsoft wrote this code, it was expecting (wrongly as it happens) that todays processors would be around 5Ghz and higher following the trend that CPU's would double in speed every 18 months.

You will need to drop your graphics settings down quite a bit more so that the GPU does not get overloaded.

Latest drivers might help a bit more but ultimately, your hardware is the limiting factor.

2 hours ago, Jude said:

Laptops are not really designed or suitable for FSX or other flight simulators.

Your system specs are not really that great either.

2.2 Ghz is very very slow by todays standards, FSX was designed for CPU's at around the 4GHz mark. When Microsoft wrote this code, it was expecting (wrongly as it happens) that todays processors would be around 5Ghz and higher following the trend that CPU's would double in speed every 18 months.

You will need to drop your graphics settings down quite a bit more so that the GPU does not get overloaded.

Latest drivers might help a bit more but ultimately, your hardware is the limiting factor.

Oh.. this laptop is 3 years old though. Let me try removing a few graphics related addons and see if that helps

Thanks btw

4 hours ago, mopperle said:

No, a graphic card got its on memory (RAM). This memory can be taken from the main RAM (in your case 12 GB), which is called shared or the card got its own hardware RAM called dedicated.

The documentation of your notebook should tell.

i think it's 11.8

• Deputy Sheriffs

I don't think that your graphics board has 11.8 GB. That number is the RAM of your system, which is not the same as the memory which might be onboard of your graphics card. As Otto explained.

1 hour ago, riethandal said:

Let me try removing a few graphics related addons and see if that helps

Jude was not talking about removing any tools you might have installed but to lower the complexity settings within your FSX.

On 6/30/2017 at 4:14 PM, Wieland1138 said:

just simple once try to delete the .cfg file and let fsx rebuild a new and see what happens

Ok it actually worked. I didn't expect it to work but as soon as i tried it, it no longer goes to a black screen. Thanks so much!

Archived