ENGM 3D grass missing in P3D v4

kityatyi1

Hi all,

I have just installed the newest version of ENGM, freshly downloaded from my Simmarket account. Installed into the default directory to where the installer pointed. Everything went fine, SODE installed without issues too. The scenery is automatically added into the library. Everything looks OK, however I cannot see 3D grass anywhere in the airport. I have used the scenery in P3D v3 a lot and I am sure I had 3D grass back then. Is there anything particular that has to be done to make 3D grass to show up or is it simply not included anymore in the new, P3D v4 release? Also, the manual mentions animated passengers but the config tool does not have any option related to this. Version is 1.12 here. Thank you for your inputs in advance!

Further investigated the lack of grass in Oslo. Quickly I installed Bergen too, and ran its config tool. the config tool of Bergen has the option to select the grass as none, lite or dense. I ticked dense, and voila, Bergen has nice grass. Checked the Scenery folder of Bergen, and there is a file ENBR_placement_grass.bgl in there. However, there is NO ENGM_placement_grass.bgl in Oslo's Scenery folder, although many other ENGM_placement_xxx.bgl files are there. So it seems to me that the ENGM_placement_grass.bgl file is for some reason missing, or not active, but the Oslo config tool does not have any switches to activate grass.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, kityatyi1 said:

Got an e-mail from Simmarket about yet another update for ENGM. Yet there is still no volumetric grass seen at the airport. Also, cannot seem to find the "animated passengers" option which the manual is referring to.

2017-7-7_15-24-31-45.tiff

animated passengers does work when you use SODE in the add on menu, but only at engm i have not testet any other airports tho..

• Developer

Hi, the last version of Oslo does not include the old grass from the 2013 version, the main reason is that it did not look that good compared to today's standards.
I'll see if I can find some time this week to add better looking grass.

It might look "on top" for some but it does look amazing for others. Therefore, giving users the option is not a bad idea and everybody is happy.

Archived