Katana DA20 4X

bazman

Hi, i have just purchased and downloaded. On 1 st few flights, the instruments shake all over the place, unable to read, and are quite blurred. Also it tends to constantly veer to the left?

Any suggestions please, not too technical

Baz

• Aerosoft

Are you sure you got the right setting in the sim?

Left-turning tendencies are caused by four factors.

1. The torque of the engine causes a left rolling tendency. For each and every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. As viewed from the cockpit, the crankshaft on an American-made engine rotates clockwise. The opposite reaction is for the airframe to roll to the left.
  2. The propeller propels air currents around and about the airframe in a clockwise direction (as viewed from the rear). The airstream strikes the left side of the vertical stabilizer and rudder, yawing the nose of the airplane to the left.
  3. Gyroscopic precession from the rotation of the crankshaft and propeller causes the airplane to yaw to the left.
  4. In nose high attitudes, a left-turning tendency results from the fact that the descending propeller blade takes a bigger bite out of the air than does the ascending blade, which is on the left. This P-factor adds to the left-turning tendency when the airplane is in a nose-high attitude.

Hi Mathijas,

Thanks for your reply, yes after a while i guessed it was "prop wash" and loaded the right seat accordingly.

As far as vibrations go i have taken that off in the spec's menu. But the graphics still appear "vague"  and a bit fuzzy, not sharp

as it is in my other Aircraft. I have not altered my sim settings (FSX).

Also, only when using this Aircraft, when i "end flight" it closes the complete FSX! Shuts it down completely!

This has not happened before on either FSX or 3rd party Aircraft!!!

Should i uninstall and reinstall?

I would appreciate your thoughts

Thanks

Baz

• Aerosoft

Re-installing would just install the same files, so that won't change anything. About the fuzzyness, are you sure you got all the settings as advised in the manual? Can you send us an image showing it?

The crash of the sim on exit has already been commented on. It's a well known effect due to the less then perfect memory management of the sim. FSX:Steam solves these issues as it is compiled with a more modern compiler.

Hi Mathijs,

here are the settings i am using, any thing wrong here?

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

Archived