VC cockpit glass clarity

henstep

Hi all..Re the fantastic twin otter. Just one issue, in my opinion, mars this otherwise perfect plane...that is the whitish tinge through the vc windows.Reflections are great, and very immersive, but the excessive white shading through the glass, i think, takes away the otherwise vibrant colours of the outside scenery, and always bothers me when i fly this plane. This issue has come up before in these forums in the past, with other aircraft, and sometimes a link is sent to the post originator with a quick fix, which switches the white tinged vc glass to perfectly clear. I don't know if this is possible with this this aircraft, but I am sure myself, and others would appreciate it! Otherwise, the twin otter is a credit to the developers, and deserves to remain a flightsim classic. Cheers, Steve

That is sad.The original twin otter had clear glass.

I love the extended version,but the glass is horrible.

In real life,an aircraft would not be allowed to fly

with such lack of visibility.

Surely something can be done.?

Anthin.

15 hours ago, Anthin Delahunt said:

That is sad.The original twin otter had clear glass.

I love the extended version,but the glass is horrible.

In real life,an aircraft would not be allowed to fly

with such lack of visibility.

Surely something can be done.?

Anthin.

Hi Anthin,

I have made a small modification and have transparent windows. Small issue, the handle window on side is also transparent, but better than nothing :D

You replace the file in the DHC6_300_WHEEL / texture. ( make a back-up of the file before).

Good fly with this excellent Twin-Otter:cheers_s:

Jean-Pierre

DHC6__VC_WINDOWGLASS_C.dds

10 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I am sorry, right now we do not plan to re-open this project. But do believe me, the aircraft we based our work on had even worse windows.

hahaha =)

1 hour ago, nieto said:

Hi Anthin,

I have made a small modification and have transparent windows. Small issue, the handle window on side is also transparent, but better than nothing :D

You replace the file in the DHC6_300_WHEEL / texture. ( make a back-up of the file before).

Good fly with this excellent Twin-Otter:cheers_s:

Jean-Pierre

DHC6__VC_WINDOWGLASS_C.dds

thanks, i wil try!

Archived